I opened the door and stepped inside, my eyes settling on the gorgeous man behind the desk. He was wearing a grey suit again that fit his muscular body irritatingly well.

"Ms Stone." he cocked an eyebrow in surprise. "What brings you here?"

"I came here to give these files to you." I said, keeping my tone neutral. "Mr Parker sent them."

"You can keep them on my table." he tapped on an empty spot on his table with his index finger. He leaned back and folded his arms across his chest, his eyes slowly trailing down my body. It made my skin tingle. His eyes watched me like a hawk as I reached his desk, slowly putting the files where he told me to.

"Is that all?" I didn't miss the mischief in his voice. Like a dare. A challenge.

"Yes."

His lips twitched in amusement. As if he was having an inside joke with himself. Unfolded his arms, he got up from his chair, making me inhale sharply in anticipation. He stalked towards me like a predator, his steps slow and deliberate. A thrilling sensation ran down my spine.

He stopped merely inches away from me. He smelt delicious and my body wanted to lean in closer.

"Aren't you going to step back?" he whispered, his voice deep and husky.  "Last time I saw you, you wanted to get away from me."

"No, I wanted to get a drink. But clearly you took it personally." I taunted with a smile.

"So you're saying I don't make you nervous then?" his voice was dangerously low, making goosebumps erupt on my skin.

Yes, you do.

"No, you don't." I took a daring step towards him, just to prove my point. Our bodies were almost touching and I felt heat pool up in my stomach. We were so close that I had to crank my neck up to look into his eyes.

Evan seemed momentarily surprised. He clearly hadn't expect this. Good. His eyes flickered to my lips, before darkening. The temperature in room rose up.

He leaned in closer, if that was even possible, his lips hovering over mine. My eyes closed on their own and I waited for his mouth to be on mine, shivering at the thought.

I waited. Waited. And just kept waiting.

I opened my eyes to see him walking back to his chair, a satisfied grin on his face. My mouth fell open, my face suddenly growing incredibly hot. I gritted my teeth, ready to explode.

"Take a seat, Ms Stone." he ordered casually, as if he hadn't just...done what he did.

Fine. If he wanted to play dirty, we could play dirty.

"There is something I wanted to discuss with you." he announced once I was seated. "I was going to have my assistant inform you later, but since you're here already, I'll get to it now."

I wanted to hit him. How did he manage to get the upper hand so easily? How did I let him get the upper hand so easily? His lips appeared so soft, so perfect, was it really the worst thing that I admittedly wanted to feel them on mine?

"Ms Stone? Are you listening?"

"Hm?" my cheeks heated up again. What the fuck was wrong with me?

"You seem a little dazed. Is there something wrong?" The smug expression was back on his face, pissing me off to no end. There was just so much that was wrong, starting with how extremely impish he was.

"Nothing's wrong. There is just a lot of work I need to get to. So I was hoping you could get on with whatever you need to discuss." I maintained.