Natsu didn’t have the patience to park his motorbike carefully, instead he let it fall to the ground the moment he stopped it.

He was the first one to get to the scene.

The first one to form his fists the instant he saw the mustang.

The others got out of the van, walking up to him to see what’s got him looking like he was going to bring death to somebody.

“Where is she?” Gray said as they closed in on Natsu, “She should be-“

But he wasn’t able to finish when his eyes shifted to the broken mustang. Like it was ran over by a truck. His eyes went wide. All of their eyes did.

“What the fu-!” Jellal shouted as his hands brushed the sides of his head, “My car!”

“The hell happened here?” Gajeel’s voice was quiet as he walked closer to the shattered mustang.

“L-Lucy’s…she’s not…” The blonde stammered, not being able to believe what he was looking at.

Loki sighed.

“What are we going to do now?” he said as he turned to Natsu who was silent the whole time.

They all turned to him.

Waiting for whatever he had to say.

Natsu’s attention got caught on something written on the dirt ground.

A message. One that he believed was meant for him.

He went closer to it with the others following him.

“St. Ishiyama’s building,” Loki read out loud.

“The old abandoned high school,” Gajeel added.

“Could be a trap,” Gray said, turning to Natsu.

But instead of letting a word out of his mouth, Natsu turned around in a haste and trudged toward his bike. He pulled it up and started the engine, made a U-turn and drove away without waiting for them.

“He knows it is,” Sting started, “But he doesn’t give a damn.”

“Well let’s get going then,” Loki said as he half ran to towards the van. They did as well.

“Those sons of bitches gonna pay for what they did to my car!”

.

Lucy’s eyes fluttered open.

Finally, she was awake.

And she felt cold.

She realized she was laid sideways on the floor, hands tied at her back. The situation she was in slowly started sinking into her. She was inside a room. A classroom, an old one.

Lucy struggled to sit up.

It was clearer now. The room had walls with cracks on them and broken chairs scattered on the corner.

As she looked around, her eyes stopped at the desk beside the open door. More specifically, at someone who was sitting on it…and staring at her.

“If you’re thinking about escaping,” he started as he took a puff from his cigar, “Don’t. I’ve got my men surrounding this building just beyond this door.”

Lucy’s eyebrows twitched. Both in anger and in fear.

“Why…Why are you doing this?”

“Your little boyfriend humiliated my brother at a public beach. I’m simply getting it even for him.”

She was confused at first. What brother?

And then it hit her. Right. That fight Natsu had with some guys at the beach. This was their payback.

The man stood up from the desk and approached her.

And she didn’t like it.

Something about the way he looked at her made her feel…more than uncomfortable.

“My brother was right about you,” he said as he bent down to her level and held her chin, “You do look tasty.”

Lucy harshly pulled her head from his touch.

“You said you would leave him alone if –“

“You pretty little fool,” he chuckled at her, “Just like what I thought, you would cooperate. For sure, right now, he’s coming after you.”

Hearing his foul play, she felt disgusted. Like her fear was replaced with disgust instead.

“By then, we’ll be ready to beat him up.” He gave a smug smirk.

“You coward. You used me.”

“As a bait. Yes.”

Lucy scoffed at him.

“What a stupid plan,” she started, “He doesn’t even know where I am.”

The man chuckled again.

“True. But wanna know what we found out when we destroyed that mustang of yours?”

She felt uneasy again. He was going to say something she didn’t want to hear.

“It had a tracking device hidden in it.”

Lucy’s eyes widened.

“W-What?”

Inwardly, she scolded herself for being stupid. Of course it had a tracking device in it, it was Jellal’s favorite out of all the other cars he had.

“And I left him a message,” the man just couldn’t stop talking with that smirk on his face like he all got it planned out smoothly, “I told him where to find us. He’s probably heading here now.”

“You don’t have to do this,” Lucy’s voice was soft and serious.

“Oh, but I do.”

“You don’t understand, he’ll finish you. All of you.”

“Then if you are so confident about his strength, why did you come to us? Why follow my order as if you’re scared for his safety?” Now he was laughing, “That beautiful mouth of yours need to stop talking bullshit.”

Her hands that were tied turned into tiny fists.

“Of course I’m scared for his safety. But it doesn’t mean he’ll lose a fight with you,” Lucy said, “I came because I didn’t want him to get in trouble again…and I don’t want anyone going after him. Stop whatever it is you’re planning. I’m warning you to stay away.”

“Load of bullshit,” The man continued to laugh.

“You’re not listening to me. This is for your own goo-“

But Lucy wasn’t able to finish.

He slapped her across the face. It hurt enough to leave a red mark.

“This building is surrounded with my men!” he proudly stretched his arms, “He’ll have to be a fucking superman to go through that and reach the third floor. And that’s where we are right now my dear.”

But as boastful as he was, Lucy never batted an eye.

“This is nothing,” she said simply, “He has fought against even greater numbers before. You can’t beat him so easily.”

“Maybe not. But maybe I can. Because I have an ace up my sleeve as well, sweetheart,” he said as he leaned closer to her.

Lucy moved her head away from him, not liking the feeling.

“What do you mean?”

“A weapon,” he said as he stood up, “Something good enough to make him fall to the ground.”

“And what is that?”

He stared down at her.

His face with a sick smirk.

“You.”