Kiss Me

Lucy just got back to the dorm after a long shopping at the mall with her group. Since morning 'til last period, Levy has been bugging her about buying swimsuits for summer.

She was carrying a plastic bag with the ones she bought as she struggled to open the door of her room. It was already about 8:00 in the evening.

The white wooden door finally opened and Lucy let herself in. She reached for the switch just beside the door to turn on the mini chandelier.

When the light brightened up the room, she immediately jumped back in fright as she saw that same face again.

"Ahh!" she squealed sharply.

He was already there.

Waiting for her comfortably as he sat on the grey round couch. Looking like he owned the place.

"You sneaked in again?" her face was still in a little shock.

"Since when did you start coming home late?" Natsu asked, dismissing her comment.

He stood up and walked towards her, eyeing the bag she was holding. It was a little transparent that he could see the bikinis inside.

"Are you going to wear them for me?" he smirked as he turned to her.

A faint red crossed her cheeks.

"Of course not," Lucy quickly replied.

She was embarrassed, and she had a feeling he sensed it too.

"Who else is going?" he asked with that usual calm voice he always had.

"Levy, Erza, Cana, and Sting. They're good vibes."

"Sting?" Natsu's brows slightly knitted together at the center, "Who the hell is that?"

"One of my friends," Lucy answered, curious why he especially picked up Sting's name out of all the others she mentioned, "Captain of Saber's basketball team. Chick magnet. Why?"

"Ah...That blonde I beat at the game" he said simply unimpressed, "Weak."

"Hey, don't be rude." She defended the subject being discussed.

Of course Lucy knew that Natsu was no doubt better than him, but he was still her friend. She had to speak out for him.

"So you bought those to show off to that guy?"

"I'm not showing off to anyone," she answered seriously.

Nobody spoke after that. He just stared at her and her at him.

Then he moved and reached for something on his jeans' back pocket.

A cigarette.

He placed it between his lips and started to light it up, staring at her the whole time.

Before the spark from the lighter could ignite with the tip, Lucy's hand swiftly pulled the cigarette from his lips.

"I thought I told you to quit smoking," the look on her eyes said she was angry.

Natsu stared deeply at her and gave a smirk.

"I knew it," he started, "You still care for me."

Lucy realized that he was testing her. She instantly masked her angry expression with something that said 'I don't care'.

"No. I simply don't want to suffocate. You can smoke whenever you want, anywhere but here."

Hearing her say this, he placed another cigarette on his lips. Lighting it up as he still stared at her.