Chapter 13. Shota Himura

18 years old Sho's POV

I go out of my apartment; I need to hurry if I want to be at my university in time.

"It's amazing I have own this place for 2 years already... focus Sho! You have to go to the uni!"

10 minutes later

"First class is biology, I am excited!"

Inside the classroom

"Good morning class, I am going to be your biology teacher, my name is..."

"I'M IN TIME!"

...

Everybody is looking at me; I'm not in time.

"Just sit down... Himura"

I go to my desk.

"Like I was saying, my name is Ken Oyanagi, but I want you to call me Oyanagi-sensei until one of you surpass me"

After the class

"Class is dismissed"

I stand up and go to the door.

"Wait a moment, Himura. I want to talk with you... alone"

I am in troubles? In my first day of classes?!

"So, I heard your father is British, is that right"

"Yes... Oyanagi-sensei, sorry for not saying your name at the right moment"

"Don't worry about that... but, can you speak English?"

"Yes, I am fluent in English"

"Good"

This is all? Talking about British things?!

"I heard your family had a maid named Haru, and that she was put on a madhouse because she said that some small humans lived in your late Grandmother's house"

"Yes, all that is true"

"So... do you believe in Borrowers?"

WHAT?!

"Y-You know about Borrowers?"

"Yes. I have never seen one tough, I only know their name thanks to my friend, as he has seen them; taking in count you know their name, I will assume you have done it too"

Damm. I failed to keep the secret that I know about them, at least it is only him and not my family; I don't want to imagine what my mother would do if she knew about them.

"My friend and I wanted to create something, like a club, where we would find people that know this secret, and look for some of Borrowers"

"I'm not going to help you to use them as your lab rats!"

"Lab rats? They are just like us, sentient beings, and they deserve to be treat that way"

"So... what are you going to do?"

"Found a way to collect information about their species, but only with the ones that want to cooperate, and we will not open them as frogs... at least not living ones"

"Wow, this... is all I have imagined since I was 12"

"So, are you going to help us, Himura? Or should I call you Shota?"

"Yes, I will. And call me Sho"

"Ok, I will call you Ta-chan"

"Hey, that was not the deal!"

"You can pick your own nickname... once you gradate"

He is running away! I chase him.

"Hey, that is cheat!"

35 years old Sho's POV

"We founded an organization named Borrower Plan, or KK for its acronym. This was such a successful idea that the government from the US gave us permission to work on all kinds of "not know to the public eye" projects, and we even have a British branch named BP, I think it was for its acronym in English"

"How did you found Arrietty and Shawn? And why Ken is a kid now?"

"We found them during our researches on Borrowers, they lived on some house on the other side of the river alongside Arrietty's parents, Spiller and another Borrower named Tina. About Ken, he proved some machine to see if it was able to change minds, so he used it on a baby... and I think you should note that it worked, and he stayed in that body because he wanted to be young again"

"Wow dad, this is just ... amazing!"

"I know. I am living a dream, but you have to keep all this as a secret to those people that don't know about Borrowers, ok?"

"Yes, I will keep this secret no matter what!"