Chapter 2. Family

Rai's POV

He takes me to the outside. I always loved this place. It is full of flowers and it away from other houses, so my chances of being seen by someone other than Ryu are low.

"Now we will play your favourite game Rai"

"Hide and Seek?"

"Yes"

"Ok"

"1, 2, 3..."

Ryu does not know this, but there is a hole on the side of his house that reaches the part my house is. That is the reason I love this game, I always win.

I get into the hole and go to my house to take my things to go with Ryu to his football practice.

"Hello Mom! I'm home!"

"Hello Rai... Ryu and you are going out today, right?"

"Yes mom, I am going to take my things"

As I take my bag I hear the door. Someone is knocking.

I go there and open it.

"Hi Uncle Spiller"

"Hi Rai, is Arrie here?"

"Yes. Mom! Uncle Spiller is looking for you!"

Spiller is my mother's adoptive brother, so he looks nothing like she. My mother, Arrietty, has beautiful green eyes and red hair.

"Spiller, why are you here?"

"Arrie, we need to talk about your son and my son"

"What happens to Rai and Zin?"

"My Zin will meet your Rai when turns 14, and he will teach your son to be a real Borrower"

Zin is my cousin, I never met him, but Uncle Spiller usually talks about him.

"So I just wanted to say that he will come here in 2 days, so prepare yourself Rai, you will be turned into a real man"

My Uncle has always said that I am not a real Borrower, but it's time to show him and Zin that I am!

I go outside and find Ryu still looking for me. It's funny that he cannot find me.

"Come here Rai! I give up!"

I go close to him to tell him something.

"Ryu, look, I am here"

"There you are Rai... you're good in this game"

"Yes, being a Borrower helps me a lot"

Ryu has his football uniform now; he always looked weird with that, especially for those weird shoes.

Raaannn

"Hide in my pocket; I can hear my father's car"

I can hear it too, he is here. I go onto his pocket. He stands up and goes with his father.

"Ryu, are you ready to go?"

"Yes dad"

Ryu's father is called Shota Himura, but everybody calls him by other name... Sho.