The Path to Recovery is a Slow and Long One

I'm so glad to have such wonderful friends. Jake, Jinxx, and CC never really left my side. Ella would come to visit with Jake, and Sammi would once she knew Jinxx wasn't there. Tony and Mike even dropped by with Jake one day, and I ended up getting to know them pretty well. They were really funny, and they could light up the whole room. Juliet and Matt visited whenever they could, and Jules would just sit there, sometimes in silence, sometimes talking, sometimes crying, but always toying with my hair.

Around a few months in, when I was about to be released, I blurted out a thought I had never really thought before. "I should cut my hair. And maybe take out the dye." I said one day, Jules, Jinxx, Jake and CC crowded around me. "What? Wait, wait, wait. You dye your hair?" Jinxx laughed. I had known him for a shorter time than the others, so I guess he had never realised it. "Yeah, I'm naturally a brunet. I just really took a liking to dark hair, and once I met you, that intensified. After all, your hair is so...beautiful, and perfect, and just...amazing." I said softly, blushing once I realised what I said.

SHIT. I JUST SAID THAT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE.

My wrist started to burn again, as it did years ago when I got my mark. But this time, it was on the other one. I looked to it in horror. What the actual fuck was going on? "What the hell? Is that another mark?" I whispered, staring at it with wide eyes. Jinxx was burned into my skin, a small M next to it and an 18 in the same corroded, ashy print. Jinxx, upon seeing it, looked at his wrist. Over Sammi's name, mine was appearing, with an M and 16 next to it. The font matched mine.

Everyone sat in stunned silence. "Get the nurse. Get the nurse!" I managed, my chest seizing up with panic. I felt like I couldn't breathe. Like reality was slipping away, as did my vision. I felt like I was losing myself. And then everything went black.

A/N~ PLEASE DONT HATE ME