Unexpected Reactions and Unexpected Happenings

A/N---TO MAKE UP FOR POSTING SO LITTLE WITH DEMON'S PET AND BEING SO MEAN TO YOU GUYS IN THE NEW PART, HERE'S A LONG ASS PART OF TATTOOS. ENJOY OR NOT, IT'S HERE. PEASKIES, JAS.

Ashley jerked back, falling off my bed. He scrambled back and hit the wall. My lips were tingling, and I was frozen in place. My eyes were wide open, stinging from how dry they were getting, but I couldn't blink. I felt like I couldn't breathe. "What the hell was that?!" Ash squeaked, gingerly touching his lips as if they'd fall off. "I...I don't know.

"Hey, that wasn't my fault! You're the one that moved!" I said defensively, my back hitting the headboard as I finally unfroze. He let out a shaky breath, dragging a hand through his silken hair. "Let's forget this happened. It was an accident, right? We got a little too close and I moved too suddenly." He managed, his voice a hoarse croak.

I nodded, taking a gaunt hand and picking at the loose strings on my pants. My one-sleeved vest was getting all too hot, as was the shirt underneath it. I walked over to my closet and opened it, closing myself inside as I stripped of the layers. I pulled on a simple vest and threw on a scarf to hide my chest. The cold air of my room was welcome and calmed me down. It made my tattoo burn, but it was a good kind of burn. I stepped out of my jeans and pulled on a pair that were practically in ribbons, which helped cool down my legs. I opened the door and sat on my bed, kicking off my boots and managing to wiggle out of my socks.

I searched through one of my drawers, half hanging off my bed as I did so, to find one of my notebooks. I found a drawing of a lion I had started forever ago. Well, half of it was a lion's head. The other half was of my face, and they blended together at the centre where they met. "Dude, how can you draw? It's like impossible!" Ash said, moving to my side as I started to draw. The black coloured pencil I had found was barely touched, and it created stark black lines that contrasted too greatly with the soft graphite I had used beneath it.

I sighed and tossed the pencil across the room. The tip hit the wall and created a darkened mark on it, as well as a slight dent. "It looks like I'll have to start attempt 15 of this drawing." Ash snorted at my words. I gave him a look. "What, you think I'm joking? Look." I flipped through the previous pages in the book, which all had attempts at that same drawing I had just messed up on. 

I sighed and flipped to a clean page, sifting through the drawer to find a graphite pencil. I finally found one and put it to the paper. I was laying across my bed, my feet hanging off the side. Ash laid across my back, staring at my fingers as I drew. I could feel his breath against my ear, his weight comforting and an overall nice sensation. I'm not a creep, I swear. I managed to get one half of it done within an hour; the lion's head. Neither of us had really moved in that time.

I was halfway done with sketching out my face when Ash sat up. "Where's the bathroom?" He asked, crossing his legs tightly. "In the room right next door." I said, chuckling as he shuffled awkwardly out of the room. Man, he must really have to pee. My back felt lonely without his weight, my skin colder without his warmth. I heard a slight, almost startled cry from the bathroom, so I slid off my bed and knocked on the door.

"Ash? You okay?" I heard a slight stammering and the toilet paper roll skittering on its holder. "Y-yeah, I'm fine. I accidentally knocked over the shampoo bottle somehow." I heard another shuffle, the toilet flush, and then the door opened. A blush covered his cheeks and ears, his hair a bit messy. He washed his hands fervently, sorting out his hair afterwards, making it sure was nice and straight.

"Hey, you know sign language, right?" He asked, looking at me in the mirror. Our eyes met in the reflection, his eyes seeming to bore into me. I cleared my throat and nodded, crossing my arms. "Yeah, Juliet taught me it once I took my vow of silence. Just so you know, I've only broken that vow for you." I blushed deeply, looking away. "Could you teach me?

"It would be easier to talk through than writing." I nodded, grabbing his wrist, my fingers brushing over his burning tattoo as I thudded downstairs and outside once we got our shoes. "Where are we going?" Ash asked as I ran down the street and dragged him behind me. "To Starbucks! Jules works there and she could help teach you!" I called behind me, the ribbons of torn cloth on my jeans flapping in the wind. Ash was stumbling over his feet, almost tripping as he tried to keep up with me.

"Dude, why are you running so fast?" He panted, stopping with his hands on his knees. I want you to learn sign language, I signed with a smirk, looking back at him. He looked at me with mock anger. "Not cool dude." "Yeah, it is." I started jogging again as he started walking at his own pace. I was facing him, going backwards; I knew the streets and the people like the back of my hand, and at this time, when everyone was at work or school, the streets were deserted.

We reached the Starbucks a few minutes later. He was out of breath, griping about exercise as he leaned heavily against my side. I was several inches taller than him, so his head rested perfectly on my shoulder. "I'm out of shape and I don't do gym." He snapped as I laughed at him. I walked in and flashed a smile to the other barista, a guy named Matt. "Hey, Andy! Jules just got off; she's washing up in the back. I'll tell her you're here." He said, and I flashed him a thumbs up.

I sat at one of the many empty tables. Ash dumped his weight in the chair across from me, dragging over another chair noisily as the bottom of the legs clattered against the tiled floor. He propped his feet up, making sure the straws and stack of napkins on the table near us were perfectly straight and in order. After a few minutes, Juliet came out with a smile on her lips. "Hey bro! I would ask about school but it's clear you skipped." She chuckled, ruffling my already fucked up hair as she sat down in a chair she brought over. Yeah, not talking kinda makes it stressful.

She laughed before looking to Ash. This is Ashley, my friend. He was wondering if we could teach him sign language. I signed, smiling at him. "You better not be talking smack about me." He said, chuckling, his fingers jumping against the table, his leg bouncing nervously. "Sure thing. So Ash, what do you wanna learn?

"My boss is really lenient with my work schedule so I can teach you whenever." She said, messing with her short brown hair. You changed your hair again. She snorted softly and looked at Ash. "Uh, whatever'll make it easier to talk with Andy." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Cool. Let's start with the basics." Jules started making gestures with her hands, which Ash tried to mimic with a look of confused concentration on his face.

I zoned out. I already knew all I needed to know about sign language, so I had no reason to listen. I leaned my chair back, bringing the front legs off the ground. I looked out the window, watching the slight rain spatter against the streaked glass. My mind flicked from thought to thought, but they always ended up back on one thing; Ashley. I could tell I was getting attached to him-which was never a good thing. His hair was beautiful and soft, his eyes warm and inviting...

He was strong and muscular, yet thin, his skin was the colour of caramel and was just as smooth, his voice was just... God damn it, this would never end well. It never does. Every time I get this close to someone, something always happens. My parents, grandpa, Danny.... I shook the thought of my old friend away. No, I wouldn't think about him. Not now, when everything was going so well.

I would not give him the satisfaction of ruining my life again.