Chance Meetings With Just a Dash of Confusion

I want Starbucks. I rolled to my feet and stomped on my boots before thudding downstairs. I was wearing my usual black jeans, a black tee with the Batman logo on it, a cross earning adorned with feathers, and a thin film of eyeliner around my crystal blue eyes. A cloth bandana pushed my hair out of my face a little, though very little. My hair was fairly big and poofy, as well as midnight black. If you can't already tell what my favourite colour is, then you must be blind. Oh yeah, I'm also the biggest smartass for miles. Even more so than CC, even.

I strolled into the Starbucks just down the street from my home which was feeling more like prison. "The usual, Andy?" The barista, Juliet asked. She was one of my friends, and she knew me as well as she knew herself. I nodded, tapping my spindly, pale fingers against the counter as she made me my grande coffee. "Here you are. Hang in there, okay? School won't be that bad."

I rolled my eyes. She was 4 years older than me, and she had graduated last year. School was a breeze for her; she was smart, pretty, friendly, and an overall nice, popular chick. I was the opposite. 'Sure' I signed. Once I stopped talking, she had taken it upon herself to learn sign language so she could get an answer out of me. She was actually the one that taught me. I turned and walked straight into someone, their frigid coffee spilling over me.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry!" He gasped. He looked familiar... I just smiled and shook my head in a hopefully reassuring way before walking out. Once I got back home, I slid off my shirt and tossed on a vest, not bothering to put another shirt on. It was hot as balls outside. I kicked off my boots and pulled an a dry pair of leather pants, adorned with the white arrow I had dubbed my "Penis GPS". It's a long story, and it'll be explained later.

I don't think I would ever realise how important that man would be. I would never realise how much he would impact my life. I still don't, even months later when I know the full story of what would unfold over that time. That man would change everything. That man, would cause me...

...To speak.