Serious Conversations

A/N~TODAY IS 22 MARCH NNNNOOOO. I GOT OFF TUMBLR AND AM WRITING THIS SO I CAN DISTRACT MYSELF FROM THE IMPLICATIONS OF TODAY IM ACTUALLY TEARING UP RN.

When Ash and Jules had finished their little lesson, we left to go back to my house. Once we reached my home, I cursed. My mum's old Mini Cooper was parked in the driveway, my dad's VW sitting next to it. I grabbed Ash's wrist and pulled him around the back of the house. I scrambled up the tree and swung for the roof, my fingers curling around the edge of the gutter. I pulled myself up, grunting slightly and trying to keep my balance on the slanted sheets of shingles. "C'mon!" I called softly, waving Ash up as I unlocked the window to my bedroom.

Ash managed to get up onto the roof faster than I did, and with much more grace. I slid in through the open window, Ash following close behind. "Why did we go through the window?" He asked, dropping into the beanbag that sat in the corner. "My 'parents' are home and if they see me, they won't be happy." I exhaled, dropping onto my bed. I was panting, out of breath and not used to having to climb up a tree and the roof. Ash sat beside me, petting my hair to calm me down. I was flipping out; my foster parents were almost never home, and when they were, well, it wasn't good. My ribs ached at the memory of last time I came through the front door and ran face first into my "dad's" outstretched fist.

Ash sighed, and I saw a faint frown tugging his lips down. I could hear my "mum's" drunken, slurred drawl coming from near the stairs. I cursed and dragged Ash into my closet. The only sound was of his steady breathing and my jagged breath. A few seconds later, the door flew open, smacking against the wall next to it. I could smell the pungent sent of alcohol and smoke on her clothes, which clung to her and corroded at the air like poison. She snarled slightly and, or at least I assumed, had walked away. I heard retreating footsteps and the smell got a little less nauseating. I waited a few moments before opening the door and promptly falling on my face as I tripped over my own feet, Ash landing on top of me. I looked up when I heard a harsh laugh and my eyes met the cold grey ones of my foster mum's.

A/N~SORRY IT'S SO SHORT I HAVE NO INSPIRATION DID NOT SLEEP AM IN EMOTIONAL DISTRESS HAVE KAITLYN OVER AND AM GOING TO THE MOVIES LATER W/ A FRIEND FOR HIS MUM'S BDAY. PEASKIES, JAS