# 1 - Human Desire FIRE

As the sun sank behind Mother Earth at night with beautiful colors: oranges, pinks, and reds, and if the clouds appeared, glorious light reflected silver and filled the skies

As the sun sank behind Mother Earth at night with beautiful colors: oranges, pinks, and reds, and if the clouds appeared, glorious light reflected silver and filled the skies. Animals and Humans enjoyed this part of the day without fear.

When the sun fell behind the Mother Earth, Humans and Cousin Animals, and others became afraid; everyone hid in their dens and caves in the rocks and waited for the light of morning.
When the sun rose, the beautiful reds and oranges shone, everyone appeared with dancing and greetings of thanks. The long, scary night of cold and noise was over. Regular life went on. Animals and Humans could hunt, eat, and attend their babies.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Humans observed thunder and the streaks of light that cracked through the sky. The night, the sky ignited like the day. While Humans watched the show, the animals hid in fear.

Sometimes the lightning sparked FIRE. HOT! DESTRUCTIVE! Afterward, Humans saw the cracked, charred trees and the melted rocks left after lightning hit, and FIRE followed. The burnt stones were too hot to the touch and cooled without fire returning.

Humans also observed hot glowing lava flow from mounds, which melted the stones. Again, the glow was too hot to touch. By the time the glowing rocks cooled, there was no FIRE. At night, these lave FIRES brought the light and heat of the day, only impossible for the Humans to capture and use.

Humans knew that the gods controlled FIRE and lived in the volcanoes. From the volcanoes' lava, the gods created the jewels, silver, and gold ores given as gifts for services to their brothers and sisters. Humans yearned the treasures, warmth, and light that FIRE offered.
The animals also longed for FIRE'S warmth and light.

One human Hunter demanded, "We need FIRE now."

In their search for FIRE's warmth and light, both the Hunters and the Animals Cousins forgot what God Kaang warned.

One of the greatest masters, one of many ancient Lords of All, Kaang, an African Bushman God, told his people, "FIRE is hungry and has destructive energies. If the Animals Cousins and Humans use FIRE, fear and distrust will sour between you. FIRE will frighten the Animals Cousins from Humans, and you will not remain friends. Your harmony breaks. FIRE eats anything. FIRE brings more trouble than good."