She sighed, knowing that children would never happen for her.

Her mind wandered. Flickering here and there. She had completed the paperwork for today and she had scheduled a visit to see how the housing was coming along, for the packs were due to arrive in a couple of days. She cursed inwardly and the shimmering bond pulled, compelling her to see her chosen one.

Fuck, she thought. She had fought the bond throughout the night and was now too drained to continue. So, with a strained face, she ventured back down to the cellar. Hand on the knuckled door while she calmed herself. His scent alone was enough to elongate her canines. Sweet caramel, the type you'd find at the circus.

Schooling her features she made her way to the male who was currently sitting with his hands between his legs. He paid her no attention. She simply watched, letting her wolf enjoy his company for a few minutes. Hoping that the bond would be satisfied with such.

This continued for the next two days. Titania could not sleep and the wolf continued to howl, but when confronted by his mate, remained silent. For his hatred of her burned too deep to express anything else. The male wolf was mourning, for his lost comrades and his cousin.

He had nothing left.

After the second day, Titania could not stop but stare at the self-inflicted cuts along his wrists. Something stirred within and although her refusal of the bond she was troubled at the defeated male as in front of her. His fight, for now, had disappeared and she took pity at such a sight.

The male sensed this and snarled at her. Revealing the misty hazel eyes he had been hiding, eyes that were bloodshot from crying. He flew to the end of the cage and held on to the bars. The sizzle from his burning hands did not concern him as he glared down the foul wolf in front.

"Don't mock me!" He growled, and Titania's lips turned at the returning fire within his orbs.

He mistook this and slammed his body once again against the cage. Titania could feel the pain shoot through her, as his pain was hers. But used to such, remained statuesque.

"Why won't you just kill me? Haven't I suffered enough?!"

She hardened, "You shouldn't have agreed to attack my pack. Then you wouldn't be in this situation in the first place."

"I had no choice!" He banged his arms and blood flew from his wrists, a few droplets landing on Titania.

She simply shrugged, "Everyone has a choice, it's what you do with it that matters." At his burning eyes she continued, "And you let weakness control your choice."

Disgusted at such cold answers, but expecting no less from the female Alpha, he snapped his jaws, hoping to take a bite out of her. With the cage a barrier in front of them he growled impatiently.

"You need to come to terms with the facts and stop blaming others for your choice. Do you think the warriors you would've killed would benefit from the choice you and the others chose?" She produced a key and inserted it into the lock, "If fighting me helps you realise the stupidity of your choices, which you haven't learned from, then so be it."

She opened the cage doors wide and he leapt at her, without hesitance. "Hah, as if you could give me life lessons Alpha."

He curled his lip, "Your life is show enough to the worth of your words. Which is fuckin' zilch."

He ran at her and sent a kick to her stomach. Titania expertly dodged and let her claw drag up his leg, using his own momentum against him. She knew he was no match, she could see from the anguish behind his eyes that he was fighting blind, purely riding on emotion. She cracked her knuckles before sending a hard punch to the side of his face. The hit forced him to land to the side as blood dripped from his canines.