Chapter 21

Niall dimmed the lights and we all sat on the couch in my living room, focusing on the TV as The Late Late Show started.

James Corden sat at his large desk, smiling as the crowd cheers.

"Hello and welcome to the Late Late Show! I'm really glad to say, you all are going to be so surprised at the glorious gift I have for you tonight. A returned guest, Mr. Harry Styles!"  he says, his accent thick.

The crowd cheers and James, stands up, moving over to the chairs next to his desk and sitting in one.

"I'm sure you all aware that Harry has a new love interest, his band mate Louis Tomlinson's younger sister, Birdie Tomlinson. There are pictures of the two holding hands, him driving her to work, on dates. Birdie has even posted a video of Harry singing to her on her Instagram. Let's show you guys."  he says and leans back.

The screen changes and it's now a video, the one of Harry and I in bed where he's singing to me.

I smile and pull my knees up to my chest, biting my lip as Harry starts singing, his naked chest rising and falling as he sings to me.

The video ends and James wipes his eyes, shaking his head. "Why can't he just sing to me like that?"

The crowd 'awws' and claps.

James sighs and looks at the camera, standing up. "Well, let's give a big round of applause for my good friend, lover and....friend, Harry Styles!"

The audience erupts into shouts and cheers as Harry makes his way onto the stage, smiling and waving.

Harry gave James a big hug and a kiss on his cheek, making James blush and hold his cheek.

I chuckled at the TV and looked over at Niall as he hands me a piece of pizza, which I gladly take and eat.

My phone buzzes on the coffee table as notifications from Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat and a few more come in.

Louis leans over and nudges me gently. "You better take control of your man before James snatches him away." he jokes. "And damn..you're phone's blowing up. Mine's dry."

I smack his arm and shake my head, grinning. "My phone's more wet than your girl's will ever be."

Louis's jaw drops and he glares at me.

I laugh and take a bite of my pizza.

Niall and Liam burst out laughing and Liam looks over at Louis. "Roasted!" he shouts.

I chuckle more and then look at the TV, seeing Harry and James begin talking.

"Shut up!" I exclaim, shhing them boys.

"So, Harry. Tell us about what's been happening since the last time you were on the show." James says, looking at Harry as they both sit down in the chairs.

Harry clears his throat and nods. "Well, I've been missing you."  he says, sending a wink at James.

A few people in the crowd cheer and Harry grins before continuing.

"But mostly, I've been her and in L.A, working on more music, scheduling things for my Tour. A few weeks ago, Louis called me and the rest of the boys and we decided that we'd make a single, as One Direction and that brought me and the rest of the boys here."  Harry tells James, leaning back in the chair he was sitting in.

"That sounds awesome. And have you boys been working on it?"  James asks, wiggling his brows.

Harry chuckles and shakes his head. "Sadly, no. Though, we really need to. I've been thinking up some lyrics and beats and so has Louis. Louis is always our lyric man and Liam, Niall and I have always taken more of the musical side, such as rhythms and bass."  Harry explains.

James nods and then leans forward. "I'm going to get off topic. I'd like to know about you and Birdie Tomlinson. How long has that been going on?"  James asks, his eyes lighting up. 

I watch as Harry bites his lip, fighting a smile and it makes my cheeks burn.

"Well, let me just tell you the story. It was my birthday and I was here in New York and so many people came, most of whom I didn't even know. A few girls came up to me wanting sex and that was a no go. Like, it's my birthday, all I want is cake and some good music.

When I was on the show before, I always used a different pic when I played my guitar and I loved them, it made me feel good, I don't know why. But I'd lose them and it made me a bit upset. Then Birdie came in my room--"

At that, a few people from the crowed cat called and whistled.

Harry scoffs, chuckling. "You guys are nasty little wankers. Anyways, Birdie came in and we talked, caught up on each other's lives and then she gave me my present. It was all of the picks that I had lost here and I was so happy. She said a friend of hers found them and gave them to her and so she gave them to me and it made me so happy. After that, we got to know each other a lot more and then she left and we kept in touch for a while and I was honestly really happy when I saw her at the Airport with Louis when the boys and I arrived back in town."  he says.

James smiles at him and nods. "I get it, mate. I really do. And you two have been together? Like, officially?"

"We've had our ups and downs but yeah...we're officially dating." Harry says, smiling broadly.

The crowd 'awws' and James smiles more, reaching over and touching Harry's hand. "Do you love her?"

My breath hitches in my throat and the boys shoot me a look, then turn their heads back to the TV.

Louis reaches over and takes my hand in his, squeezing some.

I smile small at him and squeeze his hand back before focusing on the TV.

"James...I hate doing this over the telly and not saying this to her in person, but I do. I love Birdie and I want to make her happy."  Harry confesses, looking at the camera.

I cover my mouth with my hand as tears well in my eyes, then I grab my phone and dial Harry's number.

I watch on the TV as Harry digs his phone out of his pocket and smiles. "It's her."  he tells James and the audience.

James's eyes widen and he gives Harry a dumbfounded look. "Well answer it, you bloody moron."

Harry laughs and answers his phone, putting it on speaker.

I wipe my eyes and Louis and the boys gather around me, rubbing my back and watching intensely.

"Harry?" I ask, making sure was really there.

"I'm here, baby."  he says, holding his phone up for James and the audience to here me.

"I just wanted to say....." I trail off, laughing a bit to swallow the sob rising in the back of my throat.

The cameras on the show move over the audience, some already crying, some covering their mouths, others tapping their legs and hands in anticipation.

"I love you too."