Chapter 17

I woke up to Harry waving a cup of coffee in my face.

Smiling small, I take the cup from Harry and take a small sip from it.

After swallowing the hot liquid, I look over at the bed that Louis is still in and sigh.

"He's gonna wake up soon, Birdie" Harry tells me, kissing my head gently.

I just nod and take Louis's hand in mine, kissing it softly.

I've stayed at the hospital for two days.  I posted about Louis accident and his fans sent us good well cards, ballons and even teddy bears.

Harry stayed with me the first night, comforting me through my tears and my anger of what's happened. He left last night to go get some proper sleep and a good shower before coming back this morning, now.

"How'd you sleep?" I ask, looking up at Harry.

Harry shrugs and pulls another chair next to mine. "Good, I guess. I was worried about you though." he tells me.

I smile at him and take his hand after setting down my coffee on the windowsill behind us.

Harry leans forward and kisses me softly before we both jump back as Louis hand slips from mine and his eyes open wide.

He chokes on the tubes down down his throat and Harry stands up quickly. "I'll get the doctor!" he exclaims, running out the door shouting.

I stand up and grab Louis's arm, trying to calm the shaking in both of us as I call out his name.

A minute later, Dr. Smith and a few nurses come in the room, Harry following quickly behind them.

"Miss Tomlinson, I need you to leave, understand? We'll take care of him." Dr. Smith tells me.

I got and step back, grabbing my coffee as one of the nurses in the room lead Harry and I put and to the waiting room.

Once we were out and sitting, I hurried my face in my hands.

"I have to be in there, Harry. He needs me." I groan out.

Harry reaches over and takes my shaky hand in his, kissing my knuckles softly.

"He's awake now. That means that all of the tubes are going away and he's going to be able to talk and see us." he tells me.

I nod and look at him, smiling small.

We go through two naps and about 10 more coffees before the doctor comes out to talk to us.

He smiles kindly as us and I stand up, looking at him.

"Well, I'm pleased to tell you that your brother is healthy. He's going to be fine and can probably go home tomorrow." he tells us.

I squeal out of happiness and hug the doctor, squeezing him.

"Oh, God, thank you so, so much." I say, pulling away as him and Harry chuckle.

"No thanks needed, I was just doing my job. Go on and see your brother." he says before patting my back and walking away.

I smile and look over at Harry. He smiles back at me and I step closer to him.

"Can you call the boys?" I ask, reaching up and gently cupping Harry's face in my hands, brushing my thumb along his bottom lip slowly.

Harry nods and kisses my thumb then moved my hands away and captures my lips in a long, deep kiss.

We both pull away, gasping for air and smiling.

"Go see your brother, babe." he says, stepping back.

"Go call out friends, babe." I mock, before turning around and walking back to Louis 's hospital room.

As I walk in, I look at Louis and smile.

Louis is sitting up in his hospital bed, a gown on him now and a small smile on his lips when he sees me.

"Hey." he says, his voice a bit raspy.

I walk over and sit in the chair I was before, reaching over and taking his hand. "Hi."

Louis looks around at the balloons and flowers and cards. "Who are all these from?" he asks.

"Your fans." I tell him.

It was silent for a bit until I couldn't take the silence and neither could he.

"I'm sorry." we both day in unison.

We chuckle a bit and he gestures for me to go first.

I take a deep breath and squeeze his hand, looking down.

"I'm so sorry, Lou. I never meant to hurt you or betray you. I felt so bad about lying to you and then I didn't hear from you for two weeks...And then I got the call," I tell him, my voice cracking at the end.

Louis look at me, his own eyes tearing up.  "Birdie..."

I shake my head, looking up at him. "I thought you were dead, Louis..That I'd never see you again and just horrible things." I confess.

"I'm sorry, Birdie. I'm so, so sorry." he says, squeezing my hand.

"I just had to get away, to think about things. I stayed with Zayn for a bit, if you can believe that." he says, chuckling a bit.

"I thought about everything and one day, I went on instagram and saw a picture of you and Harry together and at first, it made me so mad." he confesses.

Then he looks at me, wiping away the stray tears that left my eyes.

"But then I looked at it again..and I saw how happy you two looked and it made me happy. So I want you two to be together, to be happy." he tells me.

I smile at him and stand, wrapping my arms around him carefully and kissing his cheeks.

"Oh, thank you, Lou. I love you so much. I'm also glad you're okay." I tell him, giggling as I pull away.

Louis chuckled and then groans, holding his chest.

I bite my lip and then look towards the door as Harry comes in, followed by Liam and Niall.

"Hey, mate." Harry says, standing next to me.

Louis flared at Harry and I frown, looking at him. "Lou..." I whisper.

"You pigheaded, waffle eating sister stealing wanker! Come give me a hug, mate, I've missed you." he says, grinning and opening his arms for a hug.

We all laugh as Harry and Louis hug.