Chapter 9

Birdie Tomlinson

"I don't even know you anymore."  Louis whispers, looking into my eyes.

I can see the pain and betrayal in his eyes and it breaks me.

My heart was beating so fast that I just wished it would stop.

Louis rammed his shoulder against mine and I stumbled a bit, looking back at him as he walk up the stairs.

As he leaves, I feel a tear slip from my eye and I look around at the boys.

Liam smiles small, sympathy written all over his face.

Niall comes over and gives me a hug. "It's gonna be okay, honey." he says.

I shake my head. "He hates me, Niall." I tell him, more tears coming.

He shakes his head and strokes my hair. "No, no. He can never hate you, Bird. He's just upset. He'll get over it."

I nod and pat Niall's back, then pull away and he moves over to Liam.

I look at Harry, who's still against the wall, holding a rag against his nose.

Walking over to him, I reach up and carefully move the rag away.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper to him, brushing my fingertips against the cut on his cheek gently.

Harry winces and looks at me, licking his lips. "Don't be sorry..I knew it would happen. I just wish I'd had a pillow as a face so it wouldn't hurt this bad." he says jokingly.

I smirk. "My brother just kicked your ass and you're making jokes."

Harry smiles, then winces again and nods. "That's just me, babe." he says.

I roll my eyes and look around as I step back. "Well..I think I'm gonna go. It's obvious that Lou needs his space from me." I tell the boys.

Niall groans and looks at me. "No, Birdie. We should hang out then." he says.

I nod and smile, wiping my eyes. "Yeah, that'd be great. Come with me, then." I tell him.

Niall nods and glances at Liam before looking back at me. "Well, let me go get dressed, okay?"

I nod and watch as he leaves up the stairs.

Harry comes forward and looks at me. "Hey..it's gonna be fine. Everything will be just how it was before in the morning. It's fine." he tells me.

I look at him and smile some. "I hope you're right." I say.

Harry smiles at me and leans forward, brushing his lips against my forehead.

I wrinkle my nose and smile more. "Go take a shower, hot stuff." I tell him.

He chuckles and walks towards the stairs. "So...you think I'm hot?"

I laugh and he winks at me, running up the stairs.

After he's gone, I walking into the kitchen and grab a bottle of water before turning to face Liam.

"So..you and Niall, huh?" I ask, wiggling my brows.

Liam blushes and looks away from me. "What? That's ridiculous." he states.

I grin and nod, taking a sip from my water. "Sure. If Harry and I can confess our little...thing, then you can confess yours too, buddy."

Liam bites his lip and looks at me, then runs up the stairs just as Niall comes down.

Niall looks over at me and raises a brow. "What just happened?" he asks.

I shrug and look at him.

Niall was wearing blue jeans and a white t-shirt. He hadn't shaved in a few days and he looks so much like he did on the cover of his song, Slow Hands.

"You ready to go?" I ask him.

Niall nods and I grab my keys off of the coffee table and together, we walk out of the house and to my car.

Getting in the car, I pass Niall the AUX and start the car, pulling out of Louis's driveway and onto the street.

"I've got to run by my house and change. Wash up a bit." I tell Niall, looking over at him.

He nods and looks at me, then back a this phone as he picks a song.

"Of course. I'm fine with that." he tells me.

I smile at him and we jam on to Paris by The Chainsmokers and a few more songs before I'm pulling into my own driveway.

We get out and into the house and Niall sits on the couch, turning on the TV.

I look at him and chuckle. "Make yourself at home, I guess. I'll be back in a little. There's beer and food and stuff in the fridge. Help yourself." I tell him, jogging up the stairs.

As I walk into my room, I hear the door to the fridge rattle and Niall hum a bit.

I grab a hair-tie from my wrist and put my hair up in a high bun and strip my clothes, tossing my phone and keys on my bed.

I walk into the bathroom and start the shower, getting in.

As I wash up, I'm careful not to get my hair too wet.

When I get out, I grab my towel and dry off.

I stand in front of the vanity in my bathroom and grab my Bombshell lotion, rubbing it on my arms and legs.

I sit at the small stool and put a bit of face cream on and then apply some mascara.

I've never felt the need to blend in my brows because they're already so thick I don't have to. And I hate foundation. Only wear it at events, like, fancy events.  So I pretty much only use mascara.

After applying my mascara, I walk back into my room and change into some ripped skinny jeans and a tank top.

I decide to leave my hair up and pull a bit of it down to make it look more messy and cute before putting on a bit of chap-stick and spraying a bit of perfume before grabbing my stuff and making my way back downstairs.

I see Niall taking a swing of beer when I come down and walk up to him as he tears his eyes from the TV.

"Well...I gues snow we have to go. I'm recording this, by the way. You know I hate missing my golf." he says as he sets the beer bottle on a coaster on my coffee table.