“Oh, well, that’s where they are,” she said.  “Lyric and Lilah are with them also.”

As I took another bite of bread, I realized they were all staring at me with serious expressions on their faces. 

“What?” I asked.

“We’ve been worrying about you,” Kate said. 

“After the way you acted yesterday after you got back, we all have,” Kassia said.  “Luke told me about what happened after Nash brought you back to the helicopters.”

“I’m fine now,” I said.  “It was just…just being there.  At Division Twelve.  I guess it just got to me.”

“I told them I didn’t want you going back there,” Grandma sighed.  “They should have listened to me.”

“I was fine up until we left from there,” I said.  “I’m fine now.  There’s no need to worry.”

“Even though you say that, I’m still going to all worry about you,” she said.  “After all you’ve been through…”

“I’m okay,” I said, standing up.  “I think I’m going to go back to my room, see what everyone’s doing.”

“Okay, sweetie,” she said.

I turned and started down the hallway toward the rooms again.  When I turned the corner going to my room, I looked at Nash’s door and saw it was still closed.  He must have still been sleeping, which was a good thing. 

I heard laughter as I got closer and closer to my room.  When I got to the doorway and leaned against it, I saw Lyric, Lilah and Maxi on my bed.  Rowan, Harper and Frey were sitting on Rowan’s bed and Peyton and Blair were on Peyton’s.  Maxi jumped up from where he was lying and barked when he saw me.

“Rayney!” Lyric and Lilah said when everyone saw me leaning against the doorframe.  They both jumped up and hugged me.

“You didn’t come and find me yesterday,” Lyric complained.

“I know,” I said.  “I’m sorry, but I must have fallen asleep.”

“But where were you this morning?” she asked.

“I woke up early,” I said.  “I was in the weapons room.”

I saw Rowan, Peyton, Harper, Blair and Frey all exchange glances and then look back at me.  They obviously didn’t believe anything I was saying. 

“Have you two eaten anything yet?” I asked Lyric and Lilah.

“No,” they both said. 

“Then why don’t you go get something in the common area?” I asked, walking them to the door. 

“Fine,” Lyric said, sighing.

I walked out in the hallway with them.  “And don’t go complaining to Grandma that I keep kicking you out,” I said, knowing Lyric probably would.  “I’ve got to talk to Rowan about something, but you can come back after you eat.”

I watched as they ran down the hallway and turned the corner.  But right before I walked back in the room, I heard someone call my name.  When I turned back around, I saw Nash walking toward me, his chest bare.

“Hey, are you okay?” he asked.

“Yeah, I am,” I said, smiling up at him. 

“When I woke up, you weren’t there,” he said, his hand reaching up to cradle my cheek.

I quickly looked in the room and saw everyone looking at me with wide eyes and mouths hanging open.  I reached and grabbed the door handle in my hand, pulling it closed.