Chapter 18

Chapter 18

~

Ludwig loosened his tie as he closed the door to his hotel room. There was only one sleep left of his business trip and he was glad he would be home again soon. He would go to bed tonight, wake up at 12 AM and then head to the airport, catch his plane and be back in Toronto at around 2 AM.

Ludwig walked into the bathroom and took his clothes off before turning on the shower and stepping under the hot stream of water. The German sighed as his tense muscles became relaxed and stood there letting the water just wash over him.

But he was feeling very uneasy. The regret about not telling Feliciano about the stupid bet he made a long time ago was following him around like a rain cloud over his head. Words rang in his head, guilt pulsed through his veins. It was engulfing him and he was becoming overwhelmed. He would be sure to tell the Italian about this.

Ludwig definitely didn't want him to hear it from someone else.

But it was too late.

~

The day after Feliciano had found out that he was only worth money to Ludwig he still went to work. His eyes were puffy but he was already sick and tired of crying and he thought he'd cried out all his tears the night before.

Of course it hurt but he had to keep moving forward. That whole week, the Italian continued to work on his manuscript to finish so he could officially become an acquisitions editor. He had already left Ludwig's car at the airport and paid for the parking so he could drive himself home.

By the end of the week, Feliciano had built four walls around his heart and he wouldn't let them break this time. Not for anyone.

Ludwig doesn't matter to me. Not anymore.

He chided himself with those words every time an image of the German. He constantly envisioned the rare smile, his blonde hair down on his forehead instead of slicked back, his cobalt eyes, his perfectly moulded body, the way he would collapse onto him after they-

No! Stop it. You can't think about that now.

He groaned and set his hands back on the keyboard of his laptop. He immediately went back to work, searching for incorrect grammar, spelling, etc.

Because he didn't need Ludwig anymore. Not one bit.

~

Ludwig turned his data on his cell back on once he was in Toronto and a few emails came through plus a text from Feliciano.

He opened the text and frowned at the words:

Your car is in parking level 2, I already paid for the space, keys are with the clerk. Drive safe.

Ludwig cursed quietly and ran to the car pickup, rushing up to the counter and waited for the clerk to get his keys. The younger man came back with his set of keys in hand and gave them to him.

"Thank you!" He took the keys and sprinted to his car before putting the suit case in the back seat.

The German hastily got into his car and drove away, the roads were empty except for a few cars. He was at the apartment building within ten minutes and everything seemed to be taking forever. He finally reached his boyfriend's door, fist raised, ready to knock when he realized it was 2:30 AM.