Chapter 8

Chapter 8

~

Feliciano sighed as he filled out the paperwork to give to Human Resources. He just wanted to scream.

The guilt of keeping this situation from Ludwig was gnawing at him every second of the day. He felt tears stinging his eyes as he finished the paperwork. The Italian never kept anything from Ludwig ten years ago, he would tell him everything and the German would understand.

I just don't want him to get hurt from this.

Feliciano managed to keep the tears from falling and he got up and gave the filled out papers to the HR manager.

"Thank you, Feliciano. We'll be sure to take care of this. Try not to worry about it, okay?" James, the manager of HR told him with a sympathetic smile.

"Thanks..." Feliciano mumbled before heading back to his desk and starting on a manuscript he had finally be assigned to.

~

Ludwig shrugged his coat on and sighed.

I can't wait for spring.

He was ready to leave for the night just when there was a knock on his office door.

"Come in."

The secretary popped her head in the foot and held out a manila envelope. "HR sent this up."

Ludwig walked over and took it. "I'll look over it before I leave. Thanks, Helen."

"No problem." She smiled and closed the door on her way out.

Ludwig sat back down in his desk chair and opened the envelope, pulling out the documents. He saw the words 'Sexual Harassment' printed in large letters at the top of the page and frowned.

The only sexual harassment problem we've ever had was five years ago.

The German skimmed his eyes over the date and the birth date but his eyes froze as they saw Feliciano's name. His eyes darted down to information on the situation.

'...claims to have been kissed by Aaron Smith multiple times... has asked the latter to stop the contact several times with no avail... this has been said to have been happening for about three weeks...'

Ludwig couldn't read anymore. He threw the papers onto his oak desk and slammed his fist onto it.

"Why didn't he tell me?" The German hissed angrily.

He stalked over to the elevators, curious eyes of his co-workers glancing over him but he didn't care. Jabbing the down button with his thumb, he waited impatiently for the elevator.

Ludwig grunted in frustration and decided to take the stairwell instead. He forcefully pushed open the door to the third floor where Aaron and Feliciano worked.

Junior editors looked at him and immediately straightened their backs. He stopped one who was walking past and stared at him.

"Where's Aaron Smith?" He snapped.

"Just left for the night, sir." The man paused nervously. "Should be in the underground park, sir."

Ludwig nodded and walked quickly over to the door to the stairs, by the elevators. He didn't see Feliciano coming down the hall and pushed open the door, breaking into a run.

Feliciano saw his angered expression and ran after him, slipping through the gap between the door and the frame.

"Ludwig!" He called but then he heard a door closing.

Sprinting down the stairs, the Italian tried to catch up to Ludwig but he was already in the parking lot. He heard vicious shouts and burst through the door only to see the two men running up the exit stairs outside.

Feliciano could feel his legs burning as he continued to run and his lungs begging for air. He burst through the door and looked left and then right to see Ludwig holding Aaron against the wall by the collar of his shirt, a fist pulled back.

"Ludwig, don't!" He ran over to them, panting hard. "Don't!"

"You bastard! You have no right to touch him! NONE!" He roared, his voice silencing Feliciano's pleas.

Aaron managed to shove Ludwig back just enough to throw a punch at him, which hit his jaw. The German grunted and then lunged at Aaron, tackling him to the ground.

"Stop, Ludwig!" Feliciano fisted the back of his jacket, trying to pull him off but the German was too strong.

Ludwig pulled his fist back again and then punched Aaron square in the nose, which immediately started bleeding.

He stood up and stared at the blood on his knuckles. I haven't hurt someone in years.

He turned to face Feliciano who cowered back slightly.

"Ludwig..." He whispered as the German glared at him and brushed past him. "Ludwig, please..."

He placed his hand on his Ludwig's arm and he felt his muscles tense up.

"Don't touch me." Ludwig gently shook his hand off of his arm and walked back into the building.

Have I lost you?

Feliciano thought as his heart sank to the floor.

~

To be continued...