Chapter 7

Chapter 7

~

"You'll be home tonight?" Ludwig asked, addressing Feliciano staying late at work with Aaron.

He and Feliciano were standing in a

hallway near the elevators having a conversation, trying to avoid what happened a few days prior.

"Of course." Feliciano nodded and smiled. "I'll see you later."

"Alright." Ludwig took a quick glance around the hallway, making sure they were alone before he cupped Feliciano's face in his hands and kissed him quickly.

Feliciano kissed back and then smiled as they pulled apart. He watched as Ludwig walked down the hall, towards the elevators.

Back to work.

Feliciano stood there for a moment before turning around and coming face-to-face with Aaron. He started to panic.

Did he see us? Is he going to tell someone?

"How long have you been there?" Feliciano asked, his voice wavering.

"Five minutes." Aaron lied.

Feliciano believed him and let out a sigh of relief. He hadn't seen anything.

"Let's get back to work. The deadline is in three days." Feliciano motioned for him to follow.

They ended up back at the desk they were working at and picked up where they left off.

250 pages to go.

~

Aaron and Feliciano had gone through about eighty pages that night when the clock showed 7:00 PM, the time Feliciano had promised Ludwig he'd be home.

"Does this woman know how to spell?!" Aaron exclaimed. "I don't think she went to school. But damn, she's a great author with interesting storylines and awesome characters. I can't pass this up."

Feliciano smirked as he shrugged on his jacket. "I haven't had a manuscript of my own in weeks. At least, I'm getting paid overtime for this."

"Where are you going?" Aaron asked, turning to face the Italian.

"I promised L... I mean, I have something else to do tonight so I can't stay." Feliciano grabbed his laptop bag and slung it over his shoulder.

Aaron nodded and stood up. "I'll walk you down to the main floor."

The Italian tried to dismiss it but Aaron insisted. They rode the elevator down to the ground level and stepped off.

"Is your car parked near by?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah, just over there." Feliciano pointed to a silver Mazda 3 parked out in front of the building. He suddenly felt hands on his hips. "A-Aaron, what are you-"

The Italian gasped as the other man kissed him hard. He tried to pull away but Aaron just pulled him back in.

Turning his head away, he put both of his hands on Aaron's chest and shoved him back. He stared, shocked at his co-worker and utterly confused.

Feliciano frowned at him. "I-I'll see you tomorrow."

The Italian shook his head and walked quickly to his car. He turned on the ignition and sped away, feeling guilt settle inside of him.