Chapter 10

Chapter 10

~

Author's Note: First of all, thank you so much for 100 reads! I appreciate all you guys and I really hope you are enjoying this story (: Please vote for it and leave comments! Your feedback helps a lot more than you think. It encourages me.

And without further a due, I present to you, Chapter 10.

~

Ludwig had noticed that Feliciano wasn't at the office for three days already. Even though he was the one who broke up with the Italian, he missed him. A lot.

He had noticed that he wouldn't see Feliciano coming out of his apartment or going back in at night. Curiosity took over him and he asked the chief of the editorial department, John, where he was.

"Took a vacation, sir." Was all the man could offer.

So Ludwig continued on with his days pretending like he didn't care about the Italian anymore but that was just a façade.

He yearned to hold Feliciano in his arms again.

~

Feliciano had to delay his visit to the cemetery for three days already because every time he would get in his car, ready to go, he would break down crying.

He knew that he would see his mother's beautiful name and that meant Romano's would be engraved underneath it because the plot was meant for the four of them; Romano, his mother, Feliciano, and his father, who would no longer be buried there.

Little did he know, he would see another name on the black marble headstone.

~

The fourth day of Feliciano's 'vacation' he decided he was ready to go and see his mother and Romano. So he got in his car and began to drive to the graveyard only to turn down a side street two blocks away from his destination.

Feliciano gripped the steering wheel until his knuckles turned white and scolded himself for being so weak.

You can do this.

But he began to procrastinate and pulled over as his breaths became rapid.

Glancing at the time, he sighed.

This is going to take a while.

~

Feliciano stared at the elegant arch created by a beige coloured stone that was the entrance to the cemetery. He had been sitting in his car for two hours, trying to build up the courage to walk in there and go to the plot his Uncle and Aunt had given him the location of. But he couldn't bring himself to open the door.

Suddenly, something sparked within him and he began to get out of the car, walking through the arch and up the path. He broke into a run and by the time he reached the area where the grave was, he was panting for breath.

He walked around the space for a little before he spotted the black tombstone and swallowed past the lump in his throat as he slowly made his way over to it.

"What?" Feliciano snapped as he saw a third name on the grave.

His brother:

Romano Vargas
May 25, 1990 - October 16, 2009
(Aged 19)

His mother:

Mary Vargas
November 4, 1951 - January 10, 2014
(Aged 63)

And the last name was the cause of his confusion:

Agostino Vargas
July 14, 1949 - September 19, 2013
(Aged 64)

Feliciano cursed at his father's name. He then noticed a small glass case at the foot of the headstone with two gold bands in it. They looked relatively new and he knelt down, looking at the engraved date on one ring which he assumed was his father's.

August 27, 2012

And then the letters on his mother's ring.

The day we reunited again.

"What the fuck?" Feliciano clenched onto the grass with tight fists.

He wanted to kick something, hurt someone. But that was all anger and he knew better.

He laughed bitterly. "So you get married again after everything he did to you? To our family?" The Italian scoffed. "You see these scars on my wrists? His pain caused that. How about the one on my back from when he hit me with a whiskey bottle?"

Feliciano remembered that day like it was yesterday. The glass cutting into his skin, the sound of it on the floor. The blood, the yelling, the stitches. Everything.

He looked at his watch. 6:45 PM. The cemetery would close in fifteen minutes.

"Remember when he gave you a concussion?" Feliciano whispered.

He shook with rage and that was the last thing he said before running to his car. He drove back to the house and left the car on as he barged in through the door.

"Hey!" He shouted angrily.

Looking around, he remembered that his Uncle Dave and Aunt Anna had gone out to dinner.

I can't stay here.

Feliciano ran up to his room, threw his belongings into his suitcase and carried it downstairs. Setting it down by the door, he found a piece of paper and a pen, scribbling down a rushed note.

I'm sorry I left so early but I just can't stay. I need to get back home and catch up on work. Thank you for all your hospitality and kindness.

I'll be sure to visit again. I'll keep in touch,
Ti amo*.

- Feliciano

He wrote down his cell phone number at the bottom of the page and then left the paper on the table.

The Italian grabbed his suitcase and closed the door behind him, hurrying to his car. He put the heavy luggage in the trunk and climbed into the driver's seat.

Feliciano wanted so badly to cry but the tears just wouldn't come. So he settled for the loud sound of his engine as he sped down the mostly empty highway, headed back to Toronto.

~

It was 2:30 AM by the time Feliciano had reached the edge of Toronto and he refused to be tired. He knew there was only thirty more minutes until he got to the apartment building.

And that's where he wanted to be so badly.

Not his bed.

But a strong pair of safe arms that he missed so much.

~

Ti amo - I love you (Italian)

~

To be continued...