Chapter 16

Chapter 16

~

Ludwig closed his eyes as he felt kisses being peppered to his neck. It was eight o'clock at night on Feliciano's birthday and they had just finished intimate activities and the Italian was already ready for a second round?

"Feliciano..." He groaned quietly. "What are you doing?"

"Come on..." He pouted, playfully batting his eyelashes.

"We have work tomorrow and you and I are going to be very exhausted." Ludwig wrapped an arm around his boyfriend, cuddling him to his chest.

"You're right." Feliciano leant up and kissed him softly.

They lay in silence for a while, enjoying the warmth their bodies created. The Italian could hear his boyfriend's steady heartbeat, his ear pressed to his chest.

"Thank you." He whispered. "I couldn't ask for a better birthday present."

Ludwig smiled warmly before kissing his forehead, nuzzling his face into the soft red-brown locks that he loved. A sudden, startling, wonderful thought flashed through his mind;

I want to marry Feliciano.

~

Feliciano woke up to his alarm for eight in the morning and turned it off. He blindly reached beside him, looking for his boyfriend. All he found were cool, empty sheets.

The Italian looked over and saw a piece of paper with Ludwig's hand writing scrawled on it. He grabbed it and held it up to read it.

Feliciano,

I had to leave early this morning for another management meeting. I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer and I'll be very busy this week. Boss just called this morning telling me I have to go on a business trip to Boston in two days.

Don't rush around, you might be a little sore from last night...

Feliciano smiled as he pictured Ludwig's sly smirk in his mind.

... I hope you had an okay birthday.

Ich liebe dich,
Ludwig.

~

Feliciano was sitting at his desk when there was a knock on his open office door and John, his boss, stood in the doorway.

"Come in." He smiled, leaving the manuscript he was working on open on his laptop.

John took a seat across from him at his desk, hands clasped resting on the desk.

"Okay, first of all I need to tell you... Feliciano you are a great editor." He smiled. "Three of our major authors are asking to personally work with you and that's a really big deal."