Character Analysis

This will be a character analysis for From The Jump and Time Heals All. It's describing how I feel about the characters and why I made them the way they're perceived in both stories.

Antonio: In the beginning, Antonio hardly has anything to his name. In From The Jump, I wanted to really express how hard it was for Ant. From his mother leaving him and TJ, to fighting his father and finding out his ex girlfriend is the reason he did two years in jail. I even went into detail about him re-wearing the same clothes, having a old bed that was too small for his tall figure, and how they were behind on the bills. This struggle was brought up for a reason because I wanted the readers to visualize how Antonio went from rags to riches.

Even though Ant went to prison and used to be a thief, he was never really a bad guy. I never said he was a killer or a gang banger because I didn't want him to have that lifestyle. He was only a criminal because of him being broke and less fortunate, plus he liked the thrill of stealing cars. Yes, he was mean as hell to people when he first met them, the reason being is he was going through a lot and wasn't welcoming to new people in his life. He felt like if he didn't have anything to offer then there wasn't a reason for you to want to be around him. But once he developed a relationship with Taylor, he softened up some and started to show his sweet side. Ant was only rough around the edges because of his past and the circumstances he was in. All he really wanted was to take care of his family, especially Tyshawn since he helped raise him.

In Time Heals All, Ant still had a little bit of growing to do, although he really became a man. His temper sometimes got the best of him, but I made sure that he at least tried to work on it. I loved the fact that I made him a family man and he was willing to get married and stay faithful to Taylor. The reason Ant never cheated on Taylor was because he knew what it was like to be hurt and betrayed. Antonio was all about loyalty and keeping it real so he would never go against his word. If he messed with you, then he messed with you and there was no second guessing it. Something else that was important to me was the fact that Ant wasn't stupid. It was hardly brought up, but he loved reading and knew a lot of things. In most stories that I read, I hardly hear anything about the lead male character and his education. I didn't want Ant to be dumb and even though he didn't graduate high school he was still very knowledgeable.

Taylor: In the first chapter of From The Jump, Taylor is seen as a college student who has just about everything she needs to survive. She comes from a loving family and she has the necessities that Antonio lacks. Since she's lived her whole life in comfort, it's easy for her to stay positive and uplift those around her(mainly Ant). Taylor is described as a sweet, lovable young adult who is sort of hard to dislike.

Her positive attitude is exactly what Ant needed in his life. She always believed in him and had his back even when he was acting crazy. If it wasn't for Taylor, there would be no Ant. And even when they broke up for a year, she was still holding him down from a distance.

For Taylor's character, there isn't much to explain because all her characteristics were pretty much obvious. I had a lot of fun writing about her though. She was super goofy and enjoyed having a good time.

Cory, Aka P'Nut, Aka Mighty Mouse. lhh 😂: My favorite character. 😊 Not only because I chose Snupe to be Cory, but I loved the personality I gave him. Cory's character is super overprotective towards his big sister. He's short, but has the heart of a lion. Cory didn't fear anything and if there was a problem best believe he was ready to solve it. He was also super motivated and confident in his work. Some would call it cocky, he just knew he was talented. In From The Jump, Cory was young and immature which is why he handled certain situations the way he did. In Time Heals All, his character was still the same, just toned down a bit because he grew up a little.