Chapter 10: The One

Ant's POV

I'm more than thankful to be back home. I took that time to reflect on my behavior and focused on what I needed to change. My anger management classes are also really helping me with figuring out my trouble areas. Now that I'm out, I'm back in the studio and doing what I love.

As I wrapped up one of my new songs, Slim walked into the studio. While I was locked up he gave me some helpful advice. He reminds me of my pops; a strong leader and a good example of a man, but will get on your head if he has to.

"What's up, Ant?" He dapped me up.

"What's up. I just finished up one of the songs for the new album." I showed him the track list for my new album.

"That's good, lemme holla at you." He sat down.

I took a deep breath because I knew he was about to fuss at me. I know his intentions are well, which is why I listen to him.

"You doing good? I'm glad to see you got straight back to work."

"I'm good." I nodded.

"You sure? Look, you can't let these people get under your skin. Remember how I told you your life was going to change? Well here it is, you not the same nigga you was when I spotted you on the streets."

"That's what I hate about this. I wish I could enjoy myself without people treating me like I'm not human. I wanna hang out with my friends and go to different places, but I can't do that because everywhere I go somebody in my face." I shook my head.

"You gotta get used to it. I understand that you want your space, everybody does. But you can't blow up on people, especially when you're in the limelight all the time. You know you could've got killed that day, or somebody else could've got killed."

"That's why I regret it. It was so many kids out there and I should've just walked away regardless of what he was saying. Trust me, I'm learning how to handle these situations."

"That's what I wanna hear. I'm a let you finish working." He stood up.

"I was actually heading out too." I stood up as well.

Slim and I walked out of the studio and I pulled out my phone. I went onto Instagram and opened the DM Cierra had sent me. I asked for her number earlier and she had just hit me back. After retrieving the number I called her.

"Where you at?" I asked.

"Home. What's up?" She responded.

"What's your address? I'm coming by."

"I live in the same spot."

"I don't remember where that's at."

"Okay, I'm bout to text it to you."

"Bet." I hung up the phone.

Cierra and I have important business to tend to. I told her it's for Taylor, but I didn't say exactly what it was. Cierra's her cousin so I'm sure she knows what Tay likes and dislikes. I put her address in my GPS and headed over there. Once I got there I blew the horn because I didn't feel the need to get out. After blowing a few times she didn't come outside so I had to get out. I rung the doorbell and some dude answered it.

"Cierra here?" I asked him.

"Damn, Cierra you fuck with rap niggas now?" He rolled his eyes.

"Baby, shut up. This Taylor boyfriend." Cierra came to the door.

"Then why he over here?" He asked her.

I sighed as Cierra held a conversation with her boyfriend or whoever the fuck he is. Once she explained to him, she finally stepped outside.