Chapter 29: Baby Ready

Ant's POV

"Babe, I don't think that goes right there." Taylor said as she read the instructions for the baby crib.

"It does. That's the only screw that fits right here." I sat on the floor trying to figure out what I'm doing.

"Look, if that screw goes there then where does this part go?" She tried bending over to help me.

"Tay, move. You gone fall over trying to get on the floor." I finished what I was doing.

"Ohhhh, I see now." I proved her wrong.

Mariah's room is just about finished now. The last thing that we needed to do was put up her crib. I hired people to paint her room and decorate it like a princesses castle, but putting up her crib was something I wanted to do as a dad. I also helped Taylor organize Mariah's clothes and other baby necessities.

"I'm tired like I was doing all the work." Taylor sat down in the rocking chair.

"I'm sure coaching me was a lot of work, baby." I smiled at her.

Taylor's seven months now and the baby shower is tomorrow. Everything is all ready for the big day. I don't know who's more excited, me or Taylor.

"I can't believe Sunny's having a boy. I was really hoping for a girl." She said.

"Is she here yet?" I asked.

"Yeah, they got here yesterday. And I guess Mariah can have a little boyfriend instead of them being besties like me and Sunny. Mariah and Michael, that's cute." Taylor smiled.

"Girl, stop playing. Don't get my baby in trouble." I shook my head.

"Mariah, you can have boyfriends. We just won't tell daddy." She laughed as she talked to her stomach.

"Boyfriends with an S? As in more than one? She gone be locked in this lil castle until she 18."

"She not about to be no Rapunzel." She laughed again.

"Mariah, you cannot have a boyfriend until you're 18. And the only reason I'm saying 18 is because I know you'll be a good girl." I kissed Taylor's stomach.

As I continued to talk to Taylor's round belly, Mariah moved to the sound of my voice. She be getting extra hype when she hears me. I think I'm her favorite already.

"This girl tryna break my ribs, she been laying on this side for two days now. Her stubborn butt won't move for nothing." Tay stretched out in discomfort.

"Fat butt stubborn just like you, huh? You tryna hurt mommy, princess?"

*gasps* "You think I'm stubborn? But guess what Mariah just told me..."

"What she tell you?" I laughed because this is something Taylor does when she has a craving.

"She wants lamb chops. Oh and those garlic mashed potatoes too, she told me not to forget the mashed potatoes."

"I guess you better put some clothes on then." I stood up and helped Taylor out the chair.

I helped Taylor change her clothes and put some shoes on. She fixed her hair up and then we left the house. Once we got in the car, Taylor got on the phone with Sunny.

"What hotel y'all at? Y'all know y'all could've stayed with us." She spoke into the phone.

"Oh, okay.... Nothing, about to go to the steakhouse. Make sure you look cute tomorrow because there's going to be a photographer and you know we gotta take buku pictures together."