t w e n t y - t w o

Comenzar desde el principio

"How'd you know we're in love?"

I didn't.

Naomi stopped in her tracks, and looked at Zeke over her shoulder. "You should go." Before he had a chance to say anything, she walked in the bathroom and closed the door.

"Fuck." He cursed lowly to himself, snatching his shirt from off the bed and throwing it over his head.

Putting his arms through it, he grabbed his keys and slipped on his shoes. Naomi listened to make sure he left before she started the process of getting dressed. She sighed softly, putting that whole encounter to the back of her mind.

She couldn't allow that to bother her.

********

Naomi was typing away on her phone, waiting for the meeting to begin. She had gotten in touch with a few of her line sisters who were in LA and they decided to meet up for brunch later on.

She was scheduled to meet with India's Prime Minister. Her father had a rocky relationship with him which affected the company ability to get in India's market. The market was thriving and she believed that if she was able to set up shop there, it would give her a big boost.

The two double doors opened as Advik Eshan walked into the room. Naomi stood up to greet him, extending her hand. She didn't miss the look he gave her, obviously astonished by her beauty.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Eshan." Naomi greeted with a warm smile.

      Advik grabbed her hand, and kissed it. "No, no. It's a pleasure to meet you, Dr. Cartier." He spoke english very well.

Hm, he does his research.

            Advik Eshan was younger than most would think a Prime Minister would be. He was late thirties with a youthful face and smile. His dark red skin tone complemented well with his dark, full hair. He stood just right at six feet with a clean shave. He wasn't as fit physically, but he had just enough.

"Well, I'm glad you decided to meet with me." The two sat across from one another, and Advik leaned back in his chair. The woman across from him was taking his breath away with her natural beauty.

        "I got a call from one of people and they said that Naomi Cartier wants to set up a meeting with you while you're in LA." He recalled. "And I was wondering who were you because I am so out of touch with the news. He told me that you were the new CEO of Elle, which is now Cartier Software. I quickly did my research on you. I'm really impressed, Dr. Cartier."

"Well, I thank you for doing your research because I was ready to correct you if you called me Ms." She smirked.

       "Trust me, I dated a black woman with a doctorate degree. I know better." He chuckled.

He likes black women.. Ok!

              "So," He smiled, placing his hand in his lap. "How can I help you, Dr. Cartier?"

"I know you and my father had a rift which stopped business for him in your country." He nodded his head, giving her his full attention. "Well, the company is under new leadership and before the rift, it was an amazing partnership."