t w e n t y - t w o

Start from the beginning

"You have to go change, and by the time you make it back, I'll be heading to a meeting. LA traffic is no joke."

       "I actually have extra clothes in the truck." He said matter of factly.

"Oh?" She lifted her eyebrow. "Did you plan to stay the night, Mr. Ingram?" She teased.

      "Maybe, maybe not." He shrugged his shoulders, and walked towards her.

"Don't think you're going to kiss me with morning breath." Her tone turned serious.

          "Oh, so you do want a kiss?" He smirked, wrapping his arm around her waist. Naomi squinted her eyes at him causing him to laugh. He quickly pecked her lips and a glare formed in her eyes.

"I should kick you."

       He pecked her lips a few more times and she couldn't fight it anymore. It turned into a full blown kiss. This time, his phone began to ring on the stand and they both looked at it.

Jessica's name popped up and Naomi gently moved out of his grasp, heading to the bathroom. Zeke sighed harshly, walking over to get the device. He ignored the call, but she immediately called back.

    "What?!" He answered the call with an obvious attitude.

"I'm at your place. Where are you?" She ignored his tone.

       "Obviously not there, Jessica."

"You're with her, aren't you?" She scoffed.

         Zeke ran a hand down his face, hearing water running in the bathroom. "I'm minding my business like you need to be. I told you that we were done so you need to stop calling me."

"I love you, Zeke." She blurted out. It was a shock to Zeke because she hadn't said that in a long time. "I'm sorry, can we just meet and talk about it. I really don't want to have this convo over the phone."

       "Jess—"

"Please, Zeke." She sighed through the phone.

          "Fine, Jessica. But, I'll let you know." He sat on the edge of the bed, and scratched the top of his head.

"Okay."

          Zeke ended the call. He laid back on the bed, sighing loudly. Suddenly, the door to the bathroom opened and he sat up.

Naomi held a towel around her body as she quietly came out to get some things out of her bag. She didn't look at him, and it was kind of awkward.

       "We're through, Naomi." He said causing Naomi to look at him. "Jessica and I."

She nodded, going back to what she was doing. It felt like she didn't believe him, but she didn't verbally express it.

     "We're not exclusive, Zeke. You can see whoever you like." She finally said as she stood up with a matching bra and panty set in her hand.

"I know it bothers you, though. Especially after what she said.. well after she repeated what I said." He looked at her.

            "It doesn't matter how much it bothers me. You two were, or are, in love. It's not easy to get over someone like that." She turned on her heels to go back into the bathroom.