Formal

"Lydia, I appreciate this so much." I say, smiling at my friend's reflection in the mirror. 
    "Don't mention it. If I would have let you do your own hair and makeup....I don't even want to think about the disaster that would have been." Lydia jokes, spraying a thin layer of hairspray on the large curls. I stood up and twirled around, my dress flaring slightly. 
   "What do you think?" I ask, striking a pose. Lydia nods, her curls bouncing. 
    "I think that you are going to make Stilinski speechless." She says with a wide smile. "But, you do have to put the heels on Tor." Lydia adds, pointing to the black heels in the corner of the room. I had thrown them there when I got here this morning, in the hopes that the whole 'out of sight out of mind' thing actually worked....no such luck. 
    "But why?" I whine, staring at the contraptions. Heels weren't bad to walk in, that's not why I hated them. I couldn't hide a weapon, and I couldn't run very well in them. That is why I despise heels.     
    "Because, it's a tradition." Lydia says, the doorbell ringing throughout her house. "Now hurry your ass up because prince charming is here." Lydia adds, grabbing a camera off her vanity before rushing out of the room. I roll my eyes, but can't help but smile. Maybe this would actually be a normal night, my first normal night in years. I slip into the heels and take a deep breath before stepping out of Lydia's room. I walk down the stairs, smiling at Stiles, who was standing just inside the door, his mouth wide open. 
    "Hey Stilinski." I say, smirking as he continues to gape. 
    "You look, beautiful." Stiles says, the butterflies in my stomach going crazy.
    "You don't look too bad yourself." I tease, smirking at him. Lydia clears her throat and I turn to her, raising an eyebrow. 
    "Time for some stereotypical pre dance pictures so that you can show your brothers when they get back." Lydia grins. I nod and stand next to Stiles, my smile growing wider when he wraps his arm around my waist. I lean slightly into him, smiling widely as Lydia takes several pictures. "Alright, go on guys. Nathan and I will be there soon." Lydia says, a smile on her face. 
    "Thanks Lyd." I call as I walk out the door, Stiles walking ahead of me. I laugh when we get to the jeep and Stiles opens the door for me. 
    "M'lady." He says, bowing.
    "Why thank you sir." I say with a curtsy before climbing into the jeep. As Stiles drives towards the school, there's a silence. But it's not an awkward silence, it's a comfortable silence. As we pull into the parking lot, he parks next to Jackson.
    "Ready?" He asks, grinning widely. I shake my head. 
    "Not quite, I need you to promise something." I say, and he frowns, but nods anyway. "Tonight, we're just two normal people. Your best friend isn't a werewolf, I'm not a hunter of supernatural creatures. Tonight, we're just Tori and Stiles." I say, and Stiles lets out a sigh. 
    "I can promise that. Are you ready now?" He asks, grinning widely. I nod, and he jumps out of the jeep, rushing to open my door. I smile at him as he helps me out of the jeep. I start to reach for his arm so that we can go inside, when I realize Allison and Jackson are still sitting in the Porsche. I furrow my eyebrows and walk over to the passenger side, knocking on the window. Allison turns to me and frowns before rolling her window down. 
    "Come on Allison, the dance is inside." I say with a soft smile. She sighs and gets out of the Porsche, giving me a genuine smile. 
   "You actually wore heels." She laughs and I roll my eyes. 
    "Of course I did. I'm perfectly capable of wearing heels, I just don't like wearing them." I say matter-of-factly. She just rolls her eyes and grabs my wrist, pulling me back towards Stiles who was standing awkwardly next to Jackson who was drinking out of a flask like his life depends on it. I pull away from Allison and walk over, linking my arm with Stiles' before pulling him into the dance.
****
I sigh, bouncing my leg up and down as we sit at a table. I had just danced with Allison and Lydia for a song, all of us gushing over each other's dress and hair and makeup. It felt nice to be normal for a night. However, unlike Lydia and her date, Allison and I were stuck with dates that didn't seem to want to dance with us. I glance at Stiles out of the corner of my eye, waiting to see if he's still alive. I jump slightly as he leaps from his seat. 
    "Will you dance with me?" He asks, his cheeks flaming. I purse my lips, trying hard not to smile. 
    "Hmmm." I hum, teasing him as I glance around the gym. Stiles huffs and shifts nervously as I pretend to debate on whether or not I'll dance with him. After thirty seconds of messing around with him, I nod and stand up, grabbing onto his outstretched hand. The song is almost too fast to slow dance to, but we do it anyway. I wrap my arms around his neck, and he places his hands on my waist gently. I try hard to ignore the butterflies going crazy in my stomach. As the music swells, Stiles starts to lean in towards me. I close my eyes, and start to lean towards him, until Coach screams and scares the crap out of me. I jump and whirl around, glaring slightly as Coach Finstock chases Scott around the gym. I snort when Scott wraps his arms around Danny. 
    "What the hell are you doing?" Coach's voice echoes throughout the gym and everyone turns to him. I hold back a laugh as I realize that this was how Scott was going to get to stay at the dance. 
   "Yes coach?" Scott asks, stepping closer to Danny. Coach looks around, noticing that the music has died and everyone is staring at him yelling at Scott (and seemingly Danny). 
    "Okay, ho-ho-, hold on, you- I was just saying he's not supposed to- I mean, I wasn't saying that he shouldn't- You guys don't think- You don't- I- I was-just dance, everybody. Just dance! Dance! It's a party!" Coach stammers out, stumbling over his words. I turn to dance with Stiles more when my phone buzzes. (Mrs. Argent had helped me to sew pockets into the inside of the bottom of my dress so that I could have a knife and my phone on me at the dance.) I pull it out, and frown at the text from Chris. Chris- Come to the parking lot. The hunters are gathered, and you have a job to do. I glance up at Stiles, a lump in my throat when I realize I have to leave, and find a way to keep the hunters away from Scott. 
    "Stiles, I have to go to the parking lot. Chris texted me and the hunters are gathered. I have to make sure that they're not trying to hurt Scott or Jackson either." I say, frowning. Stiles sighs, but nods. 
    "I understand." He says, frustration clear on his face, even though he didn't sound frustrated. I reach up and kiss him on the cheek before sprinting out of the dance, my cheeks flaming. I practically run into Chris when I get to the parking lot. 
    "What are we doing?" I ask, steadying myself since I just ran from the gym to the parking lot in heels. Chris' face hardens and he grabs my wrist, yanking me towards the SUV. I shriek in surprise. "What the hell Chris?" I ask as he shoves me into the backseat. 
    "Buckle up, and don't move." He says, and I feel my stomach start to churn. 
    "What's going on?" I ask, barely able to hide the tremor in my voice. 
    "We know who the second beta is. We're going to corner him here, get Allison, and then Kate is going to drive the two of you away from here. Allison isn't ready to hunt and I'm afraid that you'll let your emotions get the best of you, since you know the second beta." Chris says, driving the SUV towards the bus lot with his lights off. 
    "Who is it?" I ask, even though I know the answer.
    "Scott McCall." Chris says, his voice almost a growl. I gasp when he turns the headlights on and drives right between two busses. Between the busses, looking at us with confusion, was Scott. I started to breathe heavily, panic setting in. 
    "Chris what are you doing?" I ask, as he revs the engine. He nods slightly, and the car that is directly across from us revs his engine as well. Before I can react, both cars lurch forwards towards Scott. "No!" I call out, terrified for Scott. I worried for no reason though, because the second the cars got close to him, Scott jumped up and landed with one foot on each car. He looks up into one of the busses, and I gasp when I realize that Allison is in the bus, fear all over her face. Chris glares at Scott and honks his horn. Scott lets his gaze leave Allison for a second to glare at Chris before he jumps on top of the bus, then off the other side. Chris switches the SUV into reverse and backs up before throwing it into park. The bus door starts to open, and Chris rushes over, catching Allison as she starts to fall. She cries, leaning against his shoulder and I feel tears well in my eyes as well. Even though I knew Scott was a werewolf, now the Argents know as well. Now, I had to decide to either fight with other hunters, or fight against other hunters, in addition to possibly losing Allison as a friend since I didn't tell her that the boyfriend was a werewolf.