You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

I furrow my eyebrows as I walk into Walters' class. Scott and his friend Twitchy, I mean Stiles are talking in hushed voices. Twitchy is throwing his arms all over the place, but frankly, it's to be expected. I sigh and flop down into my seat, rolling my eyes as the two boys behind me immediately stop talking.
"Hey! Psst, Tori." Stiles attempts at whispering. I sigh and turn around in my seat.
"What do you want Stiles?" I ask in a hushed voice. Stiles' eyes twitch for a second before he clears his throat.
"Uh, I was wondering if you were uh, tired." Stiles asks, stuttering his way through the sentence. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.
"What? No, I'm not tired. Is this your attempt at a pick-up line?" I ask in confusion. Stiles' eyes widen and he rapidly shakes his head from side to side.
"No, no. I uh, never mind." Stiles lets out a sigh and sits back in his seat, as far from me as possible. I roll my eyes and turn back to the front, checking my phone.
From: Sam
I'm sorry we went on a hunt without you. Dean is too. Please text when you get this so we know that you're okay.
I scoff and stuff my phone back into my bag. I can't believe they go on a hunt without me, and then try to get me to text them just because they feel bad. I lay my hand on my elbow, zoning out as I tune out Mr. Walters.
"Miss Johnson are you paying any attention?" Mr. Walters yells. I pick my head up as the yell echos off the walls. I glance around the room, trying to figure out who this unfortunate 'Miss Johnson' is.
"Tori. I'd just answer him and get it over with." Stiles whispers from behind me. I scrunch my eyebrows then realise that I am Miss Johnson.
"I was paying attention sir." I say, shaking my leg up and down anxiously.
"So then what was I talking about Miss Johnson?" Mr Walters asks, crossing his arms. I bite my lip as I think for a minute.
"Was it about Lady Brett Ashley and her obvious fear of intimacy? Or perhaps the fact that although she has a crippling fear of intimacy, she isn't afraid of sex. Or was it about the fantasy that was her relationship with Romero? Maybe it was the underrated character Count Mippipopolous? Or was it the importance of people like Sigmund Freud when understanding "The Sun Also Rises?"" I ask, tilting my head to the side. Mr. Walters takes in a deep breath, then lets it out slowly.
"I see that although you daydream during class, you read the book and make outstanding observations outside of class. Although, the rest of the class hasn't finished Hemingway yet. They had just finished the second part of the book. I'll let you off with a warning this time, Miss Johnson." Mr. Walters says turning back towards the chalk board.
"Thanks for getting my attention Stiles." I whisper, turning around and smiling at the twitchy boy. He smiles and shrugs.
"No problem. If you knew you were going to answer so intelligently, why did you act as if you didn't know who he was talking to?" Stiles asks with a frown. I feel the blood flood out of my face for the second time in less than three hours. My cover was starting to slip more and more.
"I thought that there may have been another Miss Johnson." I lie with a shrug of my own. Stiles nods and I turn back around, not missing Scott whispering urgently to Stiles. I lean back in my chair slightly, trying to listen without being noticed.
"Her heart skipped a beat." Scott hisses to Stiles, almost inaudibly. My eyes widen and I lean forward again, mind racing. If Scott could hear my heart, then he was a part of the supernatural, and Stiles might be too.
****
"So Scott's coming over? Tonight?" Lydia asks Allison as I walk up to the two of them.
"Ew. I'm gonna be home tonight." I groan, ignoring the nagging feeling at the back of my head. Ever since this morning when Scott said that my heart skipped a beat, I had been trying to find a way to take care of the situation by myself. Scott didn't seem capable of killing anyone, and if I tell the Argents and my brothers that he's something, they'll hurt him.
"Chill out Tori, we're just studying." Allison insists. I roll my eyes.
"Uh, I might have been homeschooled my whole life but even I know that just studying never ends with just studying." I say with a laugh. Lydia nods.
"She's right. It's like getting into a hot tub. Someone eventually cops a feel." Lydia adds with a smirk.
"Well, so what are you saying?" Allison asks in a scandalized voice. Lydia laughs.
"I'm just saying make sure he covers up. Hello, Snow White! A condom!" Lydia exclaims with a laugh. Allison sputters.
"After one date Lydia? I'm not saying you should have sex with him Ally, I'm just saying that if you do something, you need to be careful." I say softly.
"But don't be a total prude, give him a little taste." Lydia adds. Allison sighs and bites her lip before looking between me and Lydia.
"Well, I mean. How much is a little taste?" Allison asks in a whisper. I laugh and Lydia hits me lightly.
"You really like him don't you?" Lydia asks with a wide smile. Allison sighs.
"He's just different. When I first moved here, I had a plan. No boyfriends til college, I just move too much. But, then I met him and....he was different. I don't know how. I can't explain it." Allison rambles, a lovesick grin on her face. I smirk.
"I can, it's your brain flooding with phenylethylamine." Lydia says flippantly. Allison and I both look at her in confusion.
"Lydia, we're normal. Dumb it down a bit please." I say with a sigh. Lydia laughs and shakes her head.
"I'll tell you what to do. Listen up Tori, cause it might help you sometime. When's he coming over?" Lydia asks thoughtfully.
"Right after school." Allison says with an awkward smile. Lydia hums to herself and I shake my head.
"Well I'm going to walk home. There's no way I'm getting home when you two do. Maybe I'll stay out until dinner." I muse aloud, before walking away from my friends. I walked outside into the parking lot, letting out a small shriek when I see a blue jeep almost hit a guy. I run over and drop to the ground.
"What the hell? What are you doing here?" Scott asks the guy as he runs over. My eyes widen.
"Scott he was almost hit by a car! Show a little compassion." I practically shriek at him, as I look over the man. "You don't look too good, are you ok?" I ask the guy. The guy looks at me and his eyes flash a cold blue color. I inhale sharply and jump up, stepping away.
"Tori, listen," Stiles starts, running out of the jeep and blocking me between the werewolf and himself.
"Name." I demand, looking at the guy with clenched teeth. The guy narrows his eyes, and if he didn't look so sick it might be intimidating.
"Derek Hale." Derek says through labored breaths. I shake my head and let out a long shaky breath.
"How do you know a Hale?" I ask Scott and Stiles, desperately searching for an answer.
"Long story." Scott sighs out, before helping Derek to his feet. I exhale in frustration, helping Scott get Derek in to Stiles' jeep. I sprint around to the driver's side and climb into the back tossing my bag into the seat next to me.
"Why aren't you healing?" Scott asks Derek as Derek stares at him, looking like death.
"It wasn't a normal bullet. Probably one filled with wolfsbane." I say matter-of-factly, ignoring the stares from the teen boys.
"Wait, that's what she meant when she said that Derek only has forty eight hours." Scott says in realisation. I frown, realising that Scott was there last night when Derek was shot, which means if Kate saw two betas, Scott is the other one. Allison is dating a werewolf.
"Who said that?" Derek asks in confusion, wincing in pain as I crawl over him with my bag, jumping out of the jeep.
"It was Kate Argent, and sorry Stiles, I hope you can deal with a beta like Derek for one afternoon. I was actually starting to think that you were funny. It would be a shame if Derek killed you." I said simply, glaring at Scott before running over to Allison who was standing outside of her car.
"Hey Tori. I thought you were walking home." Allison says in confusion, as she looks behind me at the traffic jam. I shake my head.
"Changed my mind, didn't want to miss out on an afternoon snack!" I lie, with a wide smile. Allison laughs and glances behind me again, before turning around and getting into her car. I follow her, as I try to come up with a plan on how I was going to keep Allison away from her werewolf boyfriend.