First Day Blues

As we pull in front of the school, I cross my arms and look at my brothers.
"Tori, we love you. Which is why you are going to get out of this car, walk up to that school, and pretend that you're a normal teenager." Sam says with a small smile. I shake my head. I am determined to not go down easily. There is no way that I'm just going to give up and walk into high school.
"Victoria Mary Winchester, you are going to get your ass out of this car, and you are going to get in that school and make sure that Allison is ok. Chris believed in us, or he wouldn't have wrote that letter to find us. We protect people, it's part of the business Tori." Dean insists, glancing back at me. I roll my eyes and let out a long sigh.
"Fine. I'll go and protect Allison, but I won't be happy about it." I say with a pout. Dean lets out a laugh and I glare at him before grabbing my bag and getting out of the car. I start towards the school and try to ignore everyone and everything.
"Hey Tori! Hey wait up! I can show you to the office." Allison calls from behind me. I stop and turn around.
"Hey Allison. Thanks, I was just going to go in there and wing it, but this works too." I say with a light laugh, trying to at least act like I'm nervous. I mean, most people would, but considering the fact I've met demons, nothing like this makes me nervous.
"So if you don't mind me asking, where did you and your brothers run off to this morning?" Allison asks as she leads me around the school.
"Oh, we went and got pie at the diner. It was a tradition where the first day that we started lessons we would stop and get pie for breakfast." I lie smoothly, praying that I'm not backtracking on anything that Sam or Dean or her parents had already said.
"Aw! Well it's sweet that your brothers kept the tradition going, under the circumstances." Allison says with a smile. I smile back. I really hope we're close to the office.
"Hello Ms. Argent. Shouldn't you be getting to class?" A man in a suit asks us.
"Actually Mr. Williams, this is Victoria Johnson. She's new here, and I was bringing her up here so that she could get her schedule and everything." Allison explains with a smile. I swear, she never stops smiling.
"Oh, I apologize Ms Johnson. Your file didn't have a picture, so I wasn't sure who to look out for. If you'll just follow me, we'll get you your schedule and I'll show you to your first class. You can go ahead and go to your first hour Ms. Argent." Mr. Williams says with a fake smile. I know it's fake, because teachers never want to deal with the mysterious new girl with a file that's not even completely put together. I know that much about high school from my short time at one in Oklahoma. I look over at Allison who smiles at me before walking away. I adjust my bag on my shoulder and follow Mr. Williams into the room that has a sign saying "Office."
"Mrs. Moore, this is Victoria Johnson. I need a schedule and locker assignment for her." Mr. Williams tells the woman sitting at the desk. Her gray bun is almost invisible over the top of the desk, and her glassy blue eyes scrunch as she goes through a filing cabinet, probably looking for my schedule.
"Here it is." Mrs. Moore says triumphantly, reaching a wrinkled arm over the desk. I smile at the woman as I take the paper from her hand.
"It says that I have English with Walters first." I tell Mr. Williams as I glance over the schedule that is, hopefully, identical to Allison's.
"Very well, if you'll just wait for me. I need to make an announcement." Mr. Williams says, walking towards the intercom. "Attention students, this is your principal. I know you're all wondering about the incident that occurred last night to one of our busses, but while the police work to determine what happened, classes will proceed as scheduled. Thank you." Mr. Williams' voice doubles as it comes through the intercom, and he says it right next to me. Williams walks over and he opens the door to the office, shooting me a smile through his clenched teeth. If this forced politeness is how everyone is going to act today, then I might as well join my dad because this places sucks. I sigh and follow Mr. Williams towards what I was secretly hoping was death. Mr. Williams opens one of the many plain doors in the hall and walks inside. I follow him inside, where the whole class is sitting in silence, staring at me. I look glance over the students and smile at Allison in the back. She points to a seat next to her and I nod. "Class this is our new student, Victoria Johnson. Please welcome her to Beacon Hills." Mr. Williams says before leaving the class. Mr. Walters looks at me standing with my arms crossed and eyes narrowed.
"Well Victoria. You can take a seat wherever, but first why don't you tell us a bit about yourself." Mr. Walters suggested, crossing his arms. Dean had warned me about the teachers that took a strange joy in the discomfort of students, so I decided to act as though it didn't bother me.
"Actually sir, I prefer Tori. I have two older brothers, I never knew my mom, and my dad died just a couple months ago. Because of my dad's work, the longest I've ever lived in one place was six months, and I'm used to being homeschooled. I know how to shoot a gun and a bow, we've had to stay in some pretty sketchy neighborhoods before. In fact, I don't think I've ever lived in an actual house besides when I was in my mother's stomach. We've always lived in either hotel rooms or my dad's car. Can I be done or would you like to hear about how terrible my dad was at being a parent?" I ask, jutting my hip out in a sassy pose. I smirk at the look on Mr. Walters' face. It's like a combination of a frightened cat and an ostrich.
"Go ahead and take a seat Ms. Johnson." Mr. Walters mumbles, turning back towards the board. I turn around and face the class. Big mistake. Every single one of them was staring at me, some with fear and some with pity. I roll my eyes and walk back by Allison.
"Is this seat taken?" I ask a boy with a buzz cut, gesturing to the seat behind him, the one that's right next to Allison.
"Um uh, no. Nope. All-all yours." The boy says with a twitch. I mutter a thanks under my breath and sit.
"What was that?" Allison asks me, her eyes wide.
"That was me taking advice from Dean. Don't take shit from evil teachers." I reply with a grin. Allison throws a hand over her mouth, trying not to laugh. Maybe this day won't suck after all.