Tough Question

Not even twenty minutes later, I got into Allison's car with her. Kate wanted to stay back and torture Derek more, so despite the fact that I knew Allison was mad at me for not telling her about the supernatural, I decided to go with her. As we drove the road that connected the woods to town, I glanced over at Allison's speedometer, raising an eyebrow. I open my mouth to suggest that she should slow down, when lights start flashing behind us. Allison's eyes grow wide as she slows down to pull over. 
    "Oh god, not now." Allison mumbles, her voice shaking. She pulls the car to the side and puts it into park, waiting for the officer to come to her window. I frown at the tears running down Allison's face, but smile when Sheriff Stilinski appears at her window. 
    "Sheriff!" I say happily, but he just frowns at Allison and me. 
    "Hello Tori. Allison? Are you alright?" He asks, concern clear in his voice. 
    "Yeah. Sorry I was going so fast, I- I didn't realize. I-i" Allison stutters out, her lip quivering. She was not taking the news about the supernatural well at all. 
    "Oh, no. Uh- okay, all right, uh- Listen you weren't going that fast. Just uh, 75 in a 25 in a- construction zone." Sheriff stammers out awkwardly. 
    "Oh god. Uh, I'm not crying to get out of the ticket. I just um, I don't want you to think I'm like this-" Allison manages to say, sniffling back her tears in an attempt at a brave face. 
    "No, it's okay, perfectly okay." Sheriff says, starting to walk away. 
    "No, please. Write me a ticket. I need you to write me a ticket, okay?" Allison asks, and my eyes widen. I knew that she wasn't trying to get out of the ticket, but it would be much easier if she just accepted it and didn't take the ticket. 
    "Okay. I don't see how that's gonna make you feel any better-" Sheriff starts and Allison cuts him off. 
    "It's so humiliating. I swear, I'm not like this." Allison stammers out, shaking her head. 
    "I understand." Sheriff says softly. 
    "This isn't me. This is-this is- this is not me!" Allison yells, her face morphing from a scared one to a determined one. "This is not me. I'm okay." Allison says calmly, her cool and collected self back. 
    "Yeah?" Sheriff asks, and Allison nods with a smile. 
    "Yeah. I'm okay. I'm okay." Allison says, sounding as if she's still reassuring herself. 
    "Do I still have to write you a ticket?" Sheriff asks and I shake my head rapidly. 
    "No, Sheriff. She promises not to do that again, she was just really worked up. I should have drove, I'm sorry." I say, hoping that he agrees. He sighs, but nods anyway and walks back to his cruiser before pulling away. 
    "So what's your actual story?" Allison asks, turning to me with an eyebrow raised. I laugh humorlessly. 
    "It's not a fun story. But, since I know that you are my friend and I don't want you to hate me forever, I'll tell you. My full name is Victoria Mary Winchester. Sam and Dean are my real brothers, half brothers actually. Their mother, Mary Winchester, was murdered by a demon when Sam wasn't even a year old. Our dad, John Winchester, raised Dean as a hunter from then on. He introduced Sam to hunting when Sam was about ten, and he introduced it to me when I was fiveish. About a year ago, Dean and I drove up to Stamford where Sam was at for college. Dad had gone missing on a hunt, and we needed Sam to help us find him. By the time we found him, he was possessed by a demon, and the demon tried to kill us. We got in this huge car accident, and Dean and I were in a sort of limbo for a few days. Dad sold his soul for ours, and we got better, but Dad was killed. Your dad wrote to us, saying that the werewolf problem was getting bad again in Beacon Hills and he wanted some Winchesters for back up, so that's why we're here. Actually, my job was to protect you and make sure that you could continue being a normal teenager." I explain, trying hard not to let any of my emotions peek through on my face. Yeah my dad did a shit job at being a parent, but I still missed him. Allison stares forward, before turning to me, her eyes narrowed. 
    "They asked you, a girl who has never had an opportunity for a normal life, a girl who is younger than me, to protect me and my normal life? Why the hell would they do that?" Allison asks, anger clear on her face. 
    "Your parents love you Allison, they want what's best for you. Trust me, the supernatural world is not a fun one." I sigh. Allison nods, then frowns again. 
    "What about your mom? You didn't mention her." Allison says, and I let out a long breath. 
    "My mom stuck with my dad during her pregnancy. They went to the hospital on the day I was born, and she gave birth. When my dad went to the waiting room to tell Sam and Dean that they had a new sister, my mom slipped out. I haven't seen her since, and the only thing I know about her is that I'm named after her and she came from a hunting family. We didn't have any pictures of her, and she's never tried to get in contact with my dad or me." I explain, frowning. The lack of information that I had about my mom had always bothered me, but the nagging feeling about not knowing anything always got worse when someone asked me about her. 
    "I'm sorry." Allison whispers, before pulling the car away from the curb, thankfully ending any heavy discussions. 
    "Don't be sorry. That's life. It sucks, and then you die." I say, smirking to hide how emotionally exhausted I am.
****
After school the next day, Allison and Lydia drug me with them to the mall to get a dress for the formal. A dance that I was not even going to. Instead, according to Kate and Chris, I was going to be on security detail on the outside in case one of the wolves showed up. 
    "Allison, what's wrong?" Lydia asks as we step onto one of the escalators. 
    "Nothing's wrong, I just-I have a lot on my mind." Allison says, brushing off the subject. I purse my lips, knowing that Allison was more upset than she would ever let anyone know. 
    "You could smile, at least. Ever heard of the saying, "Never frown. Someone could be falling in love with your smile?" Smile, Allison. I'm buying you a dress." Lydia says, a large smile covering her face. I roll my eyes, resisting the urge to chuckle. Lydia was the most normal thing in all of Beacon Hills. It made life easier to hang out with her, it allowed for at least a second of normalcy. 
    "Have to admit, as far as apologies go, that's more than I expected. But not as much as I'm going to ask." Allison admits, a small smirk on her lips. I groan quietly, the look on Allison's face making it clear that she was up to something. As we reach the top of the escalator, we step out of the way of others, and Lydia stops completely, turning to Allison with a raised eyebrow. 
    "What? What's that supposed to mean?" Lydia asks, panic on her face. 
    "It means, that you're going to buy Tori a dress too." Allison starts, and Lydia's face instantly smooths. 
    "Fantastic!" Lydia grins, and I shake my head. 
    "Absolutely not." I argue, crossing my arms over my chest. Allison raises an eyebrow. 
    "You still owe me an apology too." She reminds me, and I huff.
    "I already said sorry." I mumble. Allison shakes her head. 
    "Not enough. You're going to go to the formal like a normal teenager, and you're even going to have a date." Allison says, and I recoil from her, her smile frustrating the hell out of me. I'd spent sixteen years without normal, and I didn't see the reason to start having it now. 
    "Who?" Lydia asks eagerly. 
    "Him." Allison smiles, nodding towards Macy's. I turn, and my jaw drops. At the perfume counter, being the stalker he is, was Stiles. I shook my head rapidly. 
    "No. Huh uh, no way." I argue, starting to walk backwards.
    "Why not? You like him." Allison groans as I continue to shake my head. 
    "Exactly and I don't-" I stop as I replay my sentence in my head. My eyes widen as Lydia and Allison both start smiling widely. 
    "Come on." Allison smiles, grabbing my wrist and tugging me towards Macy's. I bite the inside of my cheek, my face warm and, I'm sure, red as a tomato. I stumble as we walk into Macy's, since Allison practically pushes me towards Stiles. 
    "Er, hey." I say, scratching the back of my neck. Stiles grins.
    "Hey. Scott said you guys were coming here and we wanted to keep an eye on you guys. Cause, you know Peter." Stiles explains, and I nod, rocking back and forth on my heels. 
    "You know how the formal is tomorrow?" I ask, looking anywhere but his eyes. 
    "Yeah?" Stiles says, not getting what I was saying. 
    "Would you like to go with me?" I ask, my voice barely above a whisper. I will myself to look in his eyes, smiling a little when I realize his face is as red as mine must be. 
    "Like a date?" He asks, his voice cracking slightly. 
    "Well, uh, yeah? If that's cool with you." I say, wincing at my wording. He starts nodding super quickly.
    "Yeah, yeah that's pretty cool." He says, smiling.
    "Cool." I say, not even trying to hide my smile. I open my mouth to say something else, but Lydia rushes over and smiles at us before grabbing my wrist and pulling me away to try on the mountain of dresses that she had managed to find for me while I talked to Stiles. I didn't even mind the fact that half were pink, all I could think was that I was going to the formal with Stiles.