Complicated

We sit in front of Beacon Hills Memorial hospital in silence for about ten minutes until Scott calls. Stiles immediately puts him on speaker. 
    "Did you get the picture?" Scott asks, referring to the picture of Allison's necklace. 
    "Yeah, I did, and it looks just like the drawing." Stiles replies and I nod. We had come to help the Argents, but I was starting to second guess all of them besides Allison. Why would a werewolf who was looking into her family's fire be interested in an Argent family heirloom?
    "Hey, is there something on the back of it? There's gotta be something. An inscription, an opening, something." Derek says urgently. 
    "No, no, the things flat. And no, it doesn't open. There's nothing in it, on it, around it, nothing. And where are you? You're supposed to be here. You're first line. Man, you're not gonna play if you're not here to start." Scott asks, worry clear in his voice. I sigh as I make eye contact with Stiles in the rear view mirror. This stupid world, the world that I had grown up in, a world that was unforgiving, had taken away Stiles' first chance at first line. 
    "I know. Look, if you see my dad can you tell him-tell him I'll be there, I'll just be a little bit late, okay? Alright, thanks." Stiles hangs up, letting out a puff of air.
    "You're not gonna make it." Derek deadpans and I have to resist the urge to flick the back of his head. 
    "I know." Stiles sighs.
    "And you didn't tell him about his mom, either." Derek states, his tone even. I shake my head. 
    "Yes, because the possibility of a parent being evil is something that you tell someone over the phone." I snark. 
    "Tori's right. We can't tell Scott til we find out the truth." Stiles says, turning back and smiling at me. 
    "By the way, one more thing." Derek says, and before I can stop him, he slams Stiles' head into the steering wheel. I react almost instantly, reaching forward and punching him in the side of the face, regretting it as my knuckles instantly start to throb. 
    "Christ, Derek." I hiss, ignoring the glare he shoots my way. 
    "What the hell was-" Stiles starts, holding his head in pain. 
    "You know what that was for. Go!" Derek demands, pointing to the hospital. Stiles hops out, and I follow, shooting one more glare his way. 
    "He's such a dick today." I mumble as we walk into the hospital. Stiles nods. 
    "Yeah. Is your hand okay?" He asks, glancing over at my already bruising hand. I sigh, but nod. 
    "I've had worse. Let's just find Melissa so we can get this over with." I say, heading for the sign in desk. I frown as I realize no one was there. In fact, this was the emptiest hospital I had ever been in. I turn around to Stiles and raise an eyebrow since he knew Melissa and this hospital better than I did. He shakes his head and pulls out his phone. 
    "Derek, we can't find her." Stiles sighs, frustration clear on his face. Stiles shakes his head and pokes into one of the rooms before sighing. "Yeah, well, he's not here either." Stiles says, his eyes widening as Derek says something to him. He hangs up and and I walk over to him, raising my eyebrows. He grabs my hand and whirls us around, but we're blocked by a man with burns on his face. 
    "You must be Stiles. And Victoria Winchester." The man says with a smile. Stiles' grip on my hand tightens and he whirls us around again, only to see a woman with red hair blocking the exit. 
    "What are you doing here? Visiting hours are over." The nurse growls. I try to let go of Stiles to get my knife from my boot, but his grip on my hand tightens again.
    "You- and him. You're-you're the one who-Oh, my- and he's-Oh, my, god. We're gonna die." Stiles rants, looking back and forth between the man, who I guessed was the Alpha after Stiles' reaction, and the nurse. All of a sudden, the lady falls to the ground to reveal Derek standing behind her.
    "That's not nice. She's my nurse." The Alpha scolds Derek with a condescending smile. 
    "She's a psychotic bitch helping you kill people. Tori get Stiles out of here." Derek snaps, walking close to the Alpha. I resist the urge to stay and just kill the stupid Alpha, since there was no way one knife was going to do the trick. Instead, I did the last thing I ever thought I'd do and listened to Derek, pulling Stiles roughly and running out of the hospital. I push Stiles into the passenger side and then jump into the driver's seat, whipping out of the parking lot and speeding towards Stiles' house. 
    "Why- why the hell are you driving my jeep?" Stiles asks, the color returning to his face. I frown at him.
    "Um, because you seemed to be going into shock. I assume that's the Alpha?" I ask, and Stiles nods. 
    "Yeah, and here's the kicker, it's Derek's uncle." He sighs. I shake my head, almost not believing that the man we just saw was Derek's uncle. 
    "So, Derek's uncle killed Derek's sister?" I ask, not quite believing someone would do that. Yeah my family is messed up, but we protect each other until the end.
    "Think so." Stiles says. I just shake my head before pulling over to switch Stiles spots. Things just got complicated.
****
The next day, Chris has me tell Allison that I'm not feeling great so that I can go help him instead of hanging out with Lydia and Allison. I do what he asks, but I'm still pissed about it. My whole job in Beacon Hills is to watch over Allison, not be Chris' assistant. We get in his SUV and head out, with minimal weapons in the car. My eyes widen as we pull into a parking lot, where Jackson is standing frowning down at his Porsche. Chris turns to me. 
    "He has claw marks on the back of his neck. If they went deep enough, he could be the second beta." Chris says, and I nod, trying hard not to panic. He gets out of the car, shooting me a look that says follow. 
    "Car trouble?" Chris asks with a wide smile. I notice Jackson's face immediately drop, sweat beading on his forehead. He glances at me, and I mimic Chris' smile, but I know that it didn't reach my eyes. 
    "It's okay. I'm just gonna call a tow truck." Jackson says, slight panic on his face. 
    "Oh, I know a few things about cars. Tori does too, thanks to Sam and Dean. Besides, it could just be something simple." Chris reassures him. I just stand to the side, feeling horrible. This job was starting to get too close to people that I cared about. Not that I cared about Jackson, but if they suspected Jackson, they may also think that it's Stiles before they finally find out it's Scott. 
    "I don't know. I mean, it's a pretty expensive car and they pull all this warranty crap if you do your own repairs, right?" Jackson asks, turning to me to back him up. I bite my lip and glance at the ground, feeling horrible. Chris shouldn't end up hurting Jackson, but if he questions him, I'm almost positive that Jackson will fold. 
    "Well, we won't tell if you won't. It's Jackson, right? Come here. I'll show you what to look for." Chris starts, pushing Jackson towards the open engine. He lightly touches the scratches, causing Jackson to flinch. "Oh, sorry." Chris apologizes. 
    "What?" Jackson asks, his voice filled with anxiety.
    "Your neck. You hurt yourself?" Chris asks, weaving a web for him. 
    "No, I mean, it's just-just a scratch." Jackson stutters out and I hold back a sigh. Chris was going to be even more suspicious of Jackson if he started stuttering and wasn't able to come up with a believable lie. 
    "Well it looks like more than a scratch. Kinda looks like claw marks. You all right?" Chris asks as Jackson starts shaking slightly. 
    "Yeah, look, I'm just gonna call for a tow truck okay?" Jackson says, and Chris shakes his head, his smile disappearing. 
    "Is there any reason you're so reluctant to tell me what it was that did that?" Chris asks. I open my mouth, ready to say some type of lie to help Jackson, when Stiles' jeep whips into the parking lot. 
    "What's up?" Stiles asks, smiling as he leans out of the jeep. I smile back at him, relief flooding through me. 
    "Is everything okay?" Scott asks, smiling.
    "Hey, Scott. Your friend, here, was having car trouble. We're just taking a look." Chris says, his teeth grit behind his smile. 
    "There's a shop right down the street. I'm sure they have a tow truck." Scott offers. 
    "Yeah. You want a ride? Hey, come on, Jackson. You're way too pretty to be out here all by yourself." Stiles says, I turn away from Stiles, noticing Chris slip something into Jackson's car. He reaches through the window and turns the key, the car starting immediately. 
    "Hey, boys. Told you I knew a few things about cars." Chris says, a glint in his eyes. He nods towards the car. I turn back towards Stiles, smiling softly at him despite his worried look. I turn back towards the SUV and climbed in.
    "I know that you have gotten close to Allison's friends Tori, but if one of them has something to do with the supernatural, you have to let us know." Chris urges as we pull out of the parking lot.     "I know. I understand my job." I say. This is getting difficult.