Chapter XVI: TRIUNE THREAT

Noam and Samael don't look like demigods anymore. They are demons but they are a little distinct compared to Sagah and the other regular demons. They have retractable wings and they also have stitches on their chest. Lucky are they that they cannot be influenced by Juzfald's hypnotism.

"We missed you, brother, Sagah. Seriously..."

Samael gives Sagah a brotherly hug. Sagah does not want to wink to his astonishment.

"We thought we will never see you again. Don't worry. We're still who we are."

"Slap me if I'm not dreaming."

Samael slaps Sagah hard on his cheek as what is told him to do.

"Ouch...! What made you do that to me?"

"I followed your instruction. I'm always an excellent follower."

"Wow, you really are Samael. Tell me more of what went through."

"Juzfald took and preserved us as his specimens thinking that he can fully turn us into demons."

"I don't doubt as I see you two now. You are demons."

"He decided to release us because he thinks we're not a threat to him anymore."

"He did the same to me but he kept creeping under my bed since then."

"It's different when it comes to us. He did not hunt us down; not a demon in Cairon did so."

"Well we may look like demons now but we think like demigods. Hey, Sagah, what if we try to go back to Chevflaun and tell them about our condition? We can go there faster with our huge wings. Not all demons have these. If we go there, we can ask for some help. Victus can lend us a hand."

"They can't help us. It is only we who can help ourselves. We can't and we won't go there until the next Khalsas battle. I wait for that day to confront Faruz. It will be his last battle."

"Why do you have to? He's the chief! He is our leader."

"He is the chief of mischiefs. You can't let him fool you again. He did not even care for us when we were in grave trouble. Did he even look for our cadavers? He didn't."

"He's got a point, Samael. Sagah, if that's what you want, we'll fight on your side. I'm afraid that, if we push ourselves to Chevflaun, the soldier – demigods might assault us."

"So, Noam, do you accept that you're a demon? You sound like one."

"I will never be Juzfald's puppet. I hate him. The best thing we can do now is to restore all our energy so that we will be able to sustain the entire Khalsas battle."

Sagah inserts with a fearsome look. Noam and Samael observe his tremendous influence over them.

"...not only the entire Khalsas battle... We will conquer Chevflaun. This time, no one can stop me from doing what I want; not even Juzfald. You two will make it easier for me."

These three make a perfect team of demon–demigods because of their varied specialties. Noam is best in terms of his close–combat skills. He specializes in using swords and in predicting moves. He also does a lot of Martial Arts. Samael, on the other hand, is best in long-range combat. He is a sharpshooter with the use of arrows, knives, and other thrown weapons. He also makes explosives and traps. Sagah, their new leader, is a lot stronger and slicker than before. As he is known for his wit and speed in combat, he is also an expert in spotting the weak points of his rivals. Since he owns the Asqapult curse, he has a swarming power never knowing its extent. All he has to do is control it, but the question is how...? In the evening, after they hunt birds for food, they put up a bonfire and circle it.