Chapter XI: HALF OF THE HALF

While the three journey the dense forest to escape, they wonder why the demons don't follow them. They are not sentient that the fiend is with them; trying to get out of its shell.

"Is the area clear?"

"I'm not certain, Victus, but I think no one trails us."

"This is not right. This is one of his schemes. But we should bring her to the hospital first."

"Her throat has bruises. Check on other parts of her body, Victus."

"She's pale and cold. What's happening to her?"

"Let's just hope we can make it to Chevflaun before anything worse happens."

Chimela finds it hard to move a muscle. All of a sudden, something flashes back in her mind. She remembers Sagah the night when he becomes a demon. She is worried that Juzfald may have inflicted a curse on her; not merely the same but she feels it will get worse. Sadly, she cannot speak her mind because she feels frail. Unexpectedly, she pukes blood on Victus' clothes which makes Victus startle.

"Please bear with me, my sister. You can't die this time."

"We have to bring her to Faruz."

"Why should we?"

"He's the husband. He should know this first more than anyone in Chevflaun."

"This is the second time. I have heard she was nearly killed by Ambrogia, Juzfald's daughter. Faruz is too busy with his obligations. He cannot look over Chimela and Azalel all the time."

"I know that's true. But Faruz is still the chief. We should follow his order regarding Chimela."

"I am her older brother. We should do what we can. Whatever means, I need to save my sister."

"If only Sagah is around, this will not happen. Where the hell are you, Sagah? She needs you so bad."

"We cannot count on him right now. He's already a demon. There's no way we can find him this time."

"If that's so, we need Odis' help."

When they reach Chevflaun, they immediately admit her to the medical camp. There, they find Odis who is terribly worried about his best friend. Odis takes her to an exclusive emergency room.

"Tell me what happened to her."

"We just escaped from Juzfald. He forced her to drink his venom – blood."

"She must induce vomit. Give her a lot of water. We have to monitor her."

"What are those bruises around her neck?"

"Those are caused by the venom. Chimela continues to fight the effect."

After an hour, Faruz rushes to the hospital. He's heated by Victus.

"Why didn't you tell me right away, Victus?"

"How true is that? You even have no idea what has happened to her. Juzfald nearly killed her! How dare you speak to me as if you have done everything to save our lives?"

"We're not enemies here, Victus. I cannot be in two places at one time."

"What will you do now? How can we treat her condition? We don't know what's going on with her."

"You need to be medicated, Victus and Honmin. I will take care of her. Odis will be here too. I have appointed Gregori and Waldo to monitor Chevflaun for the meantime."

In a private room, Faruz watches over Chimela. He's tired from his work but cannot spend even a minute closing his eyes. He holds her hand tight and wishes she will gain her consciousness.