Chapter 12: 'It Wasn't Me.'

_____2: 50 JST_____

Like twin bullets cutting through wind, we fell in an unimaginable speed. I could no longer feel my clammy grip around Valeria's wrist. I could no longer describe those petrifying seconds between life and death's tug of war clearly. The only sensation of sheer terror remained punctuated inside my gut... the hell-like nausea swirled...

Then out of the night's darkness, sparks appeared around me one by one 'til I feel myself disappear. When I opened my eyes, it's dark again. Only it is windless and utterly calm. I almost thought I died.

My heart pulsated painfully against my chest and I had to let myself shrink against a wall. After a few steady breaths, I straightened then studied my recent surroundings.

A dark alleyway. Must be the path that lead Valeria to the building.

Oh yeah, Valeria.

"We made it." I heard Valeria whisper to herself before suddenly collapsing on the floor. Her last ounces of energy got all drained up. And thank God luckily she's still breathing. I almost murdered someone unintentionally and the thought itself sent shivers running down my spine.

I swung her arm on my shoulder and carefully dragged her further down the dark alleyway she teleported us into. I made sure we are completely concealed before leaning her back on the nearest dumpster. I'll wait for her to come back to her senses. But then, I still have to make sure we wouldn't be found. I couldn't fend for us alone...

Maybe I could.

But I'd rather prevent the worst from happening.

I fixed my hood, covered the lower part of my face with the mask: the dangling section of cloth tucked in the left side of the hood with a short tight belt that fits perfectly in the buckle sewn at the right side.

Completely camouflaged in the shadows, I took a peek outside. Gunmen swarmed the slowly crumbling building like frantic black ants. We're far enough to be found. At least not until Valeria wakes up.

Or so I thought.

The walls' paint shredded... No... Everything around me got shredded... Tiny flickers of light showered all around and I stood in the middle of what seemed to be a minimalist fireworks display mesmerized. It couldn't be helped.

Awe turned into confusion when the last glow vanished.

The dark alley turned into a vast helicopter pod in a matter of seconds. But it isn't all about what's around me... It's who's with me other than Valeria.

Standing in front of me is a stranger: A young man in jeans and a baggy sweater, with hazel eyes below streaked, parted and bobby-pinned carroty hair and silver piercings running across his ears' auricles. He is presumably on or below the age of eighteen.

Just behind him is his female companion: a girl clad in a typical seifuku, her long black hair lashing through the wind, determined mauve eyes darted to mine. The wind died down and her hair fell back to her sides revealing a natural adornment below her left eye. Clearly a high school student.

"Now who're you two?" I asked arms crossed.

They remained silent. Both of their gazes unyielding from mine.

Always Be There. [BSD x Reader]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें