Chapter 4- Four Bottles And You're Dead

I only steal what I need to steal.

There are no personal accounts to what I usually do.

Everything I do is for the wellbeing of Yokohama and Mother Russia.

I am known in two names and personas: V, the Underworld Victor and V-SENSEI, the renowned BL manga artist. I am both criminal and civilian.

Actually, I didn't 'steal' the Deviant Purification Drafts. I remember laying my finger on it three years ago. Let's just say that I'm taking back what I think is mine.

It must not be taken by anyone else but me. Once it was put in the hands of the wrongdoers, the world will crumble because of spontaneous wars emerging from secrets that were not meant to be told. Imagine a world of battling ability-users and common folk.

I followed the USB drive everywhere. From Germany where I first saw it, to America where a certain group of ability-users attempts to use it for corrupted annihilations of gifted organizations, to Yokohama where it fell just before the so-called three-way war. Pathetic things you do for power.

But as my own reflection sneer back at me on the blank computer screen in the silence of Rokuzo's secret base, all of my efforts went down the drain. As I look at the fourteen-year old who is standing beside me, I felt the pride extinguish inside me.

The information had been wiped out before I could even track the source. It could've been in one of the Port Mafia's servers.

"This is why I hate redheads." Shaking my head, I cracked my knuckles and stretched my arms.

"I'll fucking get back on you, you ridiculous hat rack."

_____Five Hours Earlier_____

_____11:43 JST_____

"Ooh, neat."

Waltzing inside the studio-type apartment, I looked around. His house is actually pretty clean and organized for a Mafia spawn.

I was so into poking with stuff that I find interesting in the living room until I heard the hum of an electric guitar from upstairs accompanied by a cool voice.

"...Kono sekai ga ima wa iro aseta torikago..."

I sang along in whispers. "Nageite misete mo tetsu goushi hazure wa shinai."

(QUICK A/N: So how about we play a game? Guess the song.)

I know it's a bit unnecessary to you, but I checked the kitchen.

Hey! What if there are important documents littered in there.... and besides, I'm pretty hungry from chasing this redhead shorty.

I opened the fridge first. What if there are secret codes in there that could be useful for food processing? Okay, I'll shut up about my investigating shit.

I picked up the ice cream bucket from the freezer. The thing's so buried in ice that I almost gave up taking it. What? Is ice cream a taboo for this dude?

So I got a spoon from the counter then I began scooping the cold, chocolatey, sweetness into my mouth... then one of my incisors pierced through packed cylinder. I pulled it out of my mouth. It's a rolled note inside a plastic.

I told you I'd found important things in scavenging— Oh...

'Happy Valentines, Sucker (and Swallower ;)) –Mackerel'

I choked on my ice cream. Well, maybe it isn't some concrete evidence or whatsoever, but still...

Damn.