Chapter 1

This can't be right.

They expect me to go along with the plan to remove the softball field?

I grew up on this clay, I was born an athlete. All of the hard work and effort I did to make EOLL recognized in this stupid town was all for nothing? I wish my parents were with me now, they'd know what to do.

-----------------------------------

Chapter 1

"I can't believe this." I angrily spoke. My best friend, Kenzie visited every hour it seemed like, but I could tell she was irritated by the fact that all I would talk about was the field.

"Ken, it's not the end of the world." She sighed. "It's the end of my softball career as we know it. Are there any other fields in this stupid town? No, it's that one single field that holds all my championships, nominations, awards, titles, everything. And now they come up with the crappy idea to put a football field in its place? Ha, I'd doubt it would bring any more reconization than I did to this little town."

"McKenna Chandler Hunt, will you stop talking about it? I come over here to talk to McKenna, not McKenna the softball queen. Enough." She said, sternly. She only uses my full name when she's like mega-irritated. I slumped down in my chair so low, I could feel my rib cage under my chin. "Fine. I sighed, "But I'm still aggravated." She looked at me sarcastically, "Nah really."

Honestly, I haven't spent anytime with Kenzie outside of the house. Ever since my parents died, I've kept myself busy doing stuff around the house, sheltering the outside world. Now that I think about it, it's been forever since we had a girls day, and her birthday was coming up in about a week. She will be fifteen. It's amazing, I can't believe it's October already.

"Can you come with me to the fields?" I asked her. Like I said, we never have anytime together. After about 5 minutes of debating, she finally sighed and said, "Sure." I jumped from the chair and threw on a crop top and jean shorts. I don't use makeup, so I skipped this and grabbed my phone.

"Bikes?" I asked. She nodded. I raced her to the garage and jumped on the bike. I started pedaling fast until we came to a sudden halt. My phone buzzed wildly on my pocket. It was Kenzie.

"Where are you?" She asked. I looked behind me. She wasn't in sight. "The red light on Markswood." I responded. "Okay. I'm about 5 minutes from that. I stopped at The Shack to get food." I couldn't see her, but I could tell she was grinning. I laughed and hung up.

When I arrived, I seen a construction crew taking measurements. I scoffed and continued riding until I rode around 2 times. I parked the bike on the edge of the woods, hidden enough for it not to be stolen.

I seen Kenzie ride the shortcut and reached me within seconds. She jumped off her bike and threw me Corn Nuts. You can't find these anywhere anymore.

I walked carefully through the grass, trying not make any noise. I put my earbuds in and put on All of Me by John Legend. I've been listening to it ever since I found out about the construction. I decided to skip the field. There wasn't much reason to go anyways.

In the middle of the park, a crystalline wall full of carved names and rectangles stood proudly. We called it the Hall of Fame, even though it wasn't a hall, every award nominationee and/or winner was on the wall. I was on it. There was only 3 other names besides mine.

Little things like these were the things I'd miss most. I won all of the championships in the league in my age group, and I'm only in Juniors. I have to be in Juniors for another 2 years in order to earn a way to Seniors, and I have to have 3 years in Seniors in order to qualify for an athletic scholarship. I've actually already had requests from University of Florida, University of Alabama, and University of Oklahoma. For later of course.

I went to the concessions and invited myself in the door. They all knew me and clearly had no issue. The snack made me thirsty. Haha, ya thirsty, I mentally laughed. I grabbed a red Gatorade and walked back out. It was nice to have such amazing people in this little town.

A boy about my age bumped into my shoulder. It was my pitching shoulder, and it hurt like crap. Throwing my earbuds out of my ears, I lowered down and clutched it tightly. The only thing I hate about softball is the sunburns on the pitching shoulder. I took large breaths while the guy tried to apologize. "It's okay." I interrupted him. I really didn't need guilt on my mind as well. Although, his accent was freaking sexy.

He helped me up and I put the cold Gatorade bottle on my shoulder. "It's my sunburnt pitching shoulder." I explained quietly. He was about 3 inches taller than me and muscular. I could see his muscles through the grey fitted shirt he wore. And zayum he was cute.

Hayes's POV

It was about time. They were finally putting a football field in East Orange! I wanted to go see the construction. I grabbed my phone and texted my older brother and told him my plans. I knew he'd be fine with it, I'm thirteen for pete's sake.

I decided to walk. It was a nice day and I wasn't in a hurry. I said hi to a few people in the neighborhood. It was so awkward, all of these people knew me because of my fame, not me.

I continued down the sidewalk. It was only moments until I reached the park. The field was all the way in the back and the real construction starts in about a week. I'm ecstatic because I've been a quarterback since I was 9 and it's cool to play for such a little town. It's amazing because the park itself is bigger than the actual town. It has a soccer field, lacrosse field, baseball field, softball field that will soon be football, hockey rink, hockey field, and some other sport I can't pronounce, cracker or something like that.

I accidentally bumped into a beautiful girl my age and she clutched her shoulder so hard I thought she'd break it. "I'm so sorry, I totally didn't mean to. I should watch where I'm going next time, I'm so sorry, do-" "It's okay." She interrupted. She stood up and put a Gatorade bottle on the shoulder. She mumbled an explanation of why it hurt so bad, but it was loud and clear to me. "It's my sunburnt pitching shoulder." Her teeth were gritted from the pain. She was only a couple inches shorter than me, and I've mentioned this already, but she was gorgeous.

"I'm Hayes Grier." I said, breaking the awkward silence. "McKenna, McKenna Hunt." She half-smiled. "The McKenna Hunt?" I asked astonished. She was even prettier in person. "Yeah." She grinned. It was the first time she actually smiled, and her smile was really pretty.

Her brown eyes complimented her dark auburn hair. She had beautifully tan arms and a belly button piercing. Those are so hot, oh gosh. She bit her lip. "Can I help you?" She asked, breaking my trance. "N-no, I-I'm fine." I stuttered. Shiz, I never stutter. She laughed, "Okay." Her laugh was so perfect.

I had to admit. I didn't even know this girl for five minutes, but I may or may not have a new found crush.

******
This is the first chapter of the Football Star fanfic ❤️ I'm really excited 😊

I have a schedule for my updating.

Seventh Courage - Saturdays

What About Love - Mondays

Nashty. - Tuesdays

I Wonder What It's Like To Be Loved By You - Thursdays

Football Star - Fridays

I have more books coming soon so yeah 😊

****THIS IS AN ESTIMATION IM NOT AWARE IF I CAN DO THESE DAYS BECAUSE I HAVE SURPRISE SOFTBALL PRACTICES***

k bye. 👋