Chapter 6

The next few days were horrible. Eric treated me like I was nothing. It's been a week since it happened where I freaked out in bed. The first two days he would get mad and hurt me over everything. Slowly throughout the week, he stopped hurting me but I still remember everything he did from each scar and bruise he left.

It's a Friday night and we are sitting at the dining room table eating dinner. Andrew is still here but he skipped dinner tonight. I ate silently not knowing how he is going to act towards me right now. He is so unpredictable on how he acts, especially toward me. We both finish eating and he stands walking slowly over to me. He takes my hand and pulls me swiftly to my feet. "Edlynn sweetie, it's time for bed." He says softly walking with my hand in his to the stairs. He leads me upstairs and to his bedroom. I let go of his hand and start walking to the end of his bed to my spot on the floor but I feel his tight grip on my arm. "Sweetie, where are you going? You're sleeping on the bed, with me." He sounds like this is how it's always been between us and I just did something out of the ordinary. I vigorously shake my head not wanting to sleep on the bed and make everything worse.

He keeps his tight grip on my arm and his other hand moves swiftly to my chin lifting it, forcing me to make eye contact with him. His rough hands and tight grips sent chills down my spine as I worry I irritated him. "You young lady, are going to do as I say and I told you to lay down on the bed." His deep, husky voice echoes through the room. He leans down and brushes his lips against mine but I briskly move away from him. He looks away and I can almost feel the fiery flames fuming off of him as he storms off to the closet. Only moments later he comes out wearing only a pair of black boxers. In his hands, I see one of his t-shirts that he throws at me. I take it into the bathroom changing out of my current clothes and slip the long black shirt on. It smells just like him and it makes me smell like him too. I shudder silently and see that the shirt doesn't have anything on it, it was just a plain black shirt that is very big on me. I swiftly braid my hair so it's out of my face and I walk out of the room seeing him already laying in bed. The main lights are off but the two antique looking lamps on the side of the bed shine bright enough that I can see him, and he can see me. I slowly walk over and lay down on the very edge of the bed, if I move any closer to the edge I would fall off. I face the wall away from him and try to close my eyes but can't. I hear an annoyed sigh and him moving closer to me. He wraps his strong arms around my waist. I feel the panic build up in my body but I just try sitting with it knowing there isn't anything I can do. I jump but not very far due to his arms around me. His smooth lips glide across the back of my neck as he tries to tease me with small, soft, sweet kisses. I feel him pull me closer to him and farther from the edge of the bed. "Eric, w-why are you doing this?" My voice comes out shaking as the panic slowly starts to slip through. I try sitting up which he lets me but he sits up too. He pulls my tiny flame onto his lap and against his body. My body begins to tremble as the panic builds up even more from our closeness. "Because I love you." I faintly hear as his head lowers and he places a gently kiss on the top of my head. I try to wiggle and squirm in his grasp causing his frustration to rise.

"Stop moving." He slowly whispers in my ear. I can tell that he is trying his best to hold in the anger that I had started to brew inside of him. His voice sent shivers down my spine as I stopped squirming and try my best to stop my body from trembling. He lays me back down and lays down next to me. He pulls the blanket over both of us then wraps his arms around my waist, again, pulling my body to his, forcing me to put my head on his chest. He slowly runs his rough hands through my hair, making me feel relaxed but that bit of panic feeling still stayed inside my stomach making me not feel too good. I let my eyes close and slowly sleep takes me away.

------

I wake up to someone shaking my shoulder. "Five more minutes." I groan, pulling the blankets up and over my face. I hear a soft chuckle and I peak out from under the blanket. "There's that pretty face I enjoy seeing," Eric says while smiling at me. I see that he's already up, dressed, and ready to go. I slide out even more from under the blankets and sit up with my back leaning against the headboard. I yawn as I look him over. He looks very professional wearing a dark gray button up shirt tucked into black dress pants with a black leather belt around his waist. He has black dress shoes that look brand new and shine when the light hits them. I look up and see his black hair slicked back, out of his face. I'd be lying if I didn't say he looked super handsome right now. The shirt tight enough around his arms to show off his muscles but not so much that it would be uncomfortable and the way he smiles at me just makes me want him to hold me in his arms but then I remember the bruises and scars he caused me and I push any good thoughts about him away. "Eric." I pause trying to think of what exactly I want to say. "Eric, where are you going?" Darn it, dumb question. He probably works, now I seem like an idiot. I mentally scold myself for asking a stupid question.