"I'm sure she is but I'm good with who I'm with"

"She probably just want you for the money just like that Brittney bitch"

"Keisha shut cho ass up. You a gold digger yourself" my grandma chimed in. It was true tho. I love my aunt she just has a slick mouth. She is bougie too.

"Laylah isnt like that. She has a good paying job and she is real independent."

"What does she do?"

"She is a high school teacher"

"Psht that ain't no good paying job. When can I meet her"

"Never" I mumbled

"Huh?"

"Soon. She is going through some family issues so she isn't really in the right mindset. But I'll definately tell her about you"

"Mmhm. So how my niece doing?"

"Harley is good. Her birthday coming up"

"Oh so what yall gone do?"

"We going to monkey Joes then out to eat"

"Am I invited?"

"Or course" I nodded my head. "So grandma what did you need help with?" She had been quiet the whole time. I swear when she starts watching criminal minds and eats her salt and vineger skins she doesn't move.

"Oh I need you to help me rearrange my furniture. Me and the girls are having line dancing class over here instead of at Paulina house"

"Why?"

"Cause she getting her house remodeled"

"Ion know why. She old as shit" I mumbled to myself.

"Whatch yo mouth" she stared at me hard.

"My fault" I said quickly. "Eric been over here lately?"

"Yeah he came over yesterday with hickeys all over his skinny ass neck" I laughed and shook my head. Him and Kayla nasty. One night they came over my house while me and Laylah was sleep and spent the night because they was too drunk to go home. So I let them spend the night. When I woke up the next morning they was having sex on my couch so I told they ass to leave.

"That boy stay with hoes. I don't know why tho cause he ugly as hell" my aunt laughed.

"Girl you ugly too" my grandma laughed "Anyway what you gotta do today?"

"Nothing. After I leave im going grocery shopping then imma go home and chill" I shrugged

"Ok" I pulled out my phone and started Laylah since she was on her lunch break.

What you doing after you leave work?
-me

Come back to your house and go to sleep
-Laylay💕

You tired?
-me

Yes.
-Laylay💕

I'll give you a massage when you get home
-me

Thank you. I'll talk you later
-Laylay💕

Ok
-me

Ok
-Laylay💕

That text made me smile. I don't know what Laylah is doing to me but I like it. We haven't even been dating for a year yet and I already love her. I didn't say that to Brittney until maybe a year later. Laylah is just different. I wouldnt say I'm in love but I do love her.