Chapter 39 | The Cookie Thieves

Start from the beginning

Bellamy and Brianna were behind me as well as mom. In front of me stood Natasha, Keith's parents, Rosy who was resting on her mom, Julie's hip and Harrison and Carl.

They were wearing knitted Christmas sweaters over their clothes. The men didn't look too bad but the women looked funny wearing a sweater over their dresses.

"Aw, thank you! Merry Christmas!" I stretched my good hand outwards and individually chatted with everyone.

I was a little shocked to see Harrison there but I didn't want to ruin my mood or anyone else's. It was already hard to believe that this was my first Christmas without dad.

We didn't do much anyway, just sit in our pajamas all day and watch movies and eat the food we spent hours preparing for the two of us.

"Bellamy, I brought you a fresh pair of clothes. Go change into them honey and scrub the dirt off yourself. How do you stand such a dirty boy, Blake?" Julie ordered her son and asked me as she rubbed her thumb on her sons face in distaste.

I shrugged in response and Bellamy rolled his eyes and groaned as he made his way upstairs. 

"Blake, the Christmas tree needs decorating. Get on it and here's your sweater." She told me. I grinned and let out a small squeal. She helped me into it and then joined the other adults.

"Can I push you?" Carl hesitantly asked me. Since I needed my hand for decorating, I let him push me towards the other room in the house which was much larger and had a naked Christmas tree. 

"I'm sorry for what I said to you and Brianna." He said as he pushed my wheelchair from behind.

"You should be. It's not going to get you anywhere in life." I told him.

"So, are we good?" he asked. "Depends...if you steal some cookies for me then maybe we can start over." I told him.

He laughed and placed me near a box of decorations. Keith was on the other side of the Christmas tree, fiddling with the presents.

I could hear Rosy trying to convince him to let her open her presents and take Bellamy's as we hung ornaments on the branches.

I realized the presents I wrapped up were under the tree too. Seems like they were planing for a while now for a joint Christmas celebration.

"Wow, that was fast." I heard Bellamy say. I checked the time on my phone and turned my wheelchair around to face him. "You've been gone for over an hour." I said as I turned.

My eyes widened at the sight on him and my jaw hung low. Mama's boy was looking as tidy as ever. He had a white button up shirt on and a Christmas sweater on top. The collar of his shirt neatly tucked. He was slaying the ugly sweater tradition. He wore black pants underneath rather than jeans and I looked at him in awe.

"Look at how bad she wants to rip his clothes off!" Brianna laughed.

I closed my jaw and felt a bit of drool that I wiped off, embarrassed. I was turning red because of the smirk on Bellamy's face and Brianna's comments.

"I don't want to rip his clothes off. Entirely," I mumbled at the end.

"It's okay baby girl, we can do that later." He winked as he crouched down to kiss me. My lips lingered on his for a while, he still kissed like a bad boy.

"For once you look like a decent guy." Carl commented as he walked towards us. I reached my good hand out towards him for a high five.

"He's right. Julie needs to dress you up more often." I said.