16

"I may have overheard something I wasn't supposed to... well, judging from your actions I want supposed to" he began. "but don't worry, I won't laugh, there's a lot of people who never even learn to swim at all" he said trying to make her feel better. "maybe you couldn't go to the beach since you never lived close or you didn't get to take classes in a pool or get an instructor" he rambled on.

"heeeey! Are you low key calling me and my family poor for not getting an instructor?" she said. An awkward silence followed and she realized that her joke may have passed over his head. "sorry, I'm only playing, I know you didn't mean it in a bad way" she assured but he remained silent.

"ah hello y/n, I will talk with, uh you?" she heard in English from the direction of the beach. She turned her head to look at who spoke to her. "hi V" she said before giving him a short wave and turning back. "you don't need to stay and skip playing with the others while I'm gone, go ahead and don't miss out on too much" she said to j-hope before standing up and walking over to V. She turned back to give him a wave as he got up from the towel.

"can we walk? I saw you sitting down long time" he said again in English and y/n agreed. "fine by me" wa sher short reply before they began walking towards the north end of the beach. She had expected him to talk to her since that's what he had said but in the end, neither of them said a word before they had reached the end of the beach. They stopped by some rocks and y/n sat down, waiting for V to say whatever had been on his mind.

"I'm sorry" he said and looked down. "I shouldn't have dragged you down into the water, I didn't know" he added, still looking down. "I didn't know how to ap-" but y/n cut him off by laughing lightly. That made him look back up at her, still sitting on the rock before she spoke.

"stop being so down, smile with me" she laughed. "I know you didn't mean any harm, and I respect you for being so sorry, I really do" she said then. "and don't think I'd dislike you cause of this, I know you wasn't trying to be rude and to be fair, I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have blindly ranted like that"

In the end, they both ended up laughing before heading back to the beach, where the others had already packed and were now ready to leave.