Your Guilt

He is lost at words.

Seulgi cries. She knows she shouldn't cry but she can't help it. If this means she has involved her heart in this fake-marriage agreement, let it be. If he fires her for this, let it be. She just feels so hurt that she can't think straight anymore.

Seulgi doesn't expect anything to happen. She knows if she really loves this asshole, even though he is an asshole, he will never return the feeling.

"I don't do anything with her."

I don't even want to know. Stop saying anything.

"I was feeling responsible because I am the one who caused her to do that reckless thing."

Why doesn't he stop explaning?

"I understand your anger. I know why you are angry to me."

No..., this is more than that. This is more than my reason before.

"Seulgi-ah..., look at me...." Seulgi is so shocked. This is literally the first time he calls her in informal way. But she will not lose. She tries not to look at him.

Jongin sighs. He then takes a piece of glass and offers it to her. "If this could relieve you, you can give me a scar on my face. I don't care."

What the hell?

He then puts down that piece after for a while, Seulgi still doesn't respond to it. He then gets us (he was squating before). "I will go." Seulgi can hear the rustle noise and then the door is closed. She then looks up and the man is really gone.

She then cries again.

At the outside, Jongin ruffles his hair when he sees Yerim is there. She looks really pissed. "Congratulations. Not even two months after you got married and you already made her pissed."

"You have seen the news too."

"I have. Thank God grandfather and aunt haven't seen it. I don't know about our sisters, though." Yerim then glares to him. "Are you stupid? It could be her way to get back to you. I know what happened between you and Seulgi unnie, the real thing, but that doesn't mean you could just--"

"If she did it for real, what should I do? The doctor there even confirmed that she was really taking--"

"Kyungsoo oppa said that to you?" Jongin nods. "I will not let anyone die because of me, Yerim. Not again. Not after our parents."

"Then what will you do? About Seulgi unnie?"

"I shouldn't feel guilty, should I? But why do I feel like someone throws me hundred of pieces of sharp glass when I see her crying?"

Yerim closes her mouth. She doesn't want to answer. She doesn't need to answer. Because she knows her brother has known the answer. He has known it ever since he saw her for the first time.

Seulgi feel the coldness of the other side of the bed. Jongin isn't coming home at all.

She doesn't know how to feel. Guilt, sadness, or relief.

She knows this will be awkward more for them. Perhaps she will get fired for real for next days.

She washes her face and notices the big black bags under her eyes. Then she hears the door is opened. She takes a peek and Sooyoung is there, waving to her. "Are you okay, Madam?"

"I am," she answers as she wipes her face. "So, is breakfast ready?"

"Yeah. Mr. Kim just left."