Our First Understanding

Seulgi feels like she is the winner of this lifetime.

She is eagerly waiting for Jongin's sour face when he comes home, which is too late, by the way. What the hell that ungrateful guy do, anyway? He should be not working too hard; he is COO by default because he is the grandson of the owner.

"Mrs. Kim?" A maid comes into their room (oh my God, Seulgi doesn't really want to admit but she has to share everything, even BED, with that guy), "Everyone's ready for dinner."

"Oh, thank you. I will go downstairs." She nods and closes the door. Seulgi tidies up a bit and then she takes her leave to go to the dining room. As if there are lots of people there, the table is so long and grand. The food and drinks are all splendid, too.

But Jongin isn't there. He hasn't come home. Seulgi thought the maid said that everyone, that meant Jongin had also arrived. Turns out she is wrong.

"Sit, Seulgi-ah." Jongin's aunt calls her to sit next to her. Across her is an empty chair, so it should belong to Jongin. Next to that chair, Yerim sits and at the head of the table, the grandfather sits and smiles so wide. "I hope you enjoy our first dinner at this house, Seulgi."

She just smiles. She doesn't really know how Jongin exactly convinced his family about this sudden marriage, but they are so welcome to her, as if she has befriended them long before the marriage happened. But that also explains how evil Jongin is. He is capable of lying to his family until the extend that they believe this big and supposed-to-be-easily-known lie.

She tries not to care.

It's for the money.

And the house.

And car.

And everything that can come from those amounts of money!

"That boy hasn't come home?" asks the grandfather, to whom Seulgi doesn't want to find out. She keeps digging the food.

And a maid answers, "no, Sir. Young Master hasn't come home."

"Have you reached him? His office? That Oh Sehun?"

"Yes, Sir. But nobody answered the call." Seulgi can imagine the pissed-off face that he has made. "Seulgi?"

"Uh, ye-yes?"

"Where is your husband? Have you asked where he is? This is your first time dining with us, yet he are nowhere to be found. What an irresponsible child!"

"Uh..., I haven't asked where he is." And everyone shoots her with weird look. She becomes flustered, but as a professional con-artist, she regains her composure quickly, "I know he is busy, so I don't want to bother him. I understand his condition."

"Still, dear," his aunt speaks, "you are his wife. He can't just leave you like this. After all, we might need to talk about your plan for future together."

Get married. Act like you both are happy with this marriage for almost a year. And get divorced.

If only she can answer their exact plan for future together.

Seulgi gives her best kind smile, "Aunt, I understand that he is busy with his job. We already have understood each other's position and responsibility, so I don't really mind. Besides, he has promised to come home regularly."

Bullshit. Seulgi made that last statement. How come does that man make that so-sweet promise? He might not even understand the concept of understanding each other. All he does is pressing his ego to Seulgi, although she has no right to complain too. For Jongin, Seulgi is like Sehun.