Guilt

*Derek's POV

I was now dating the girl I had been in love with since 5th grade, but there was a huge problem. My best friend Lara Brandenburg hated Melissa. I would be able to get away with it but Lara is returning from private school today. I had to go over to Kate's house in a hour so we could go pick up Lara from the airport..but I was having so much fun with Melissa and I did not want to leave but her mom came to pick her up so I decided to head to Kate's house. When I arrived at Kate's house it was time to go to the airport. I texted Melissa all the way to the airport.

The car ride to the airport took forever or at least it seemed like that, but I think it was because I was not talking to Kate

The car ride to the airport took forever or at least it seemed like that, but I think it was because I was not talking to Kate. I felt guilty now that I was dating Melissa. Melissa and Kate use to be best friends in 6th and half of 7th grade but when Kate began to talk to Lara, Melissa was mean to Kate. Melissa has always been mean to Lara ever since we all first met. which was pre-school. I know it may seem like Melissa is a bad person but when we were talking today I could see the hurt in her eyes. She told me about her problems with her parents and how they were always working. Melissa is a very sweet person, she just needs to trust you.

We finally got to the airport and waited at Lara's gate.

Kate: Hey, are you ok?

Derek: Um... Ya Why?

Kate: You were very quiet in the car

Derek: I am just nervous to see Lara its been two years (I had to lie to Kate but I felt so bad)

Kate: Why are you nervous you have know each other since you guys were five 

Derek: I dont know (I put my head down and started to swing my feet)

Kate then started screaming and she ran straight to the gate. I knew Lara was here. I looked up and when I saw here she looked so different. She was taller and looked more mature, maybe that was because the last time I saw her we were 7th graders and now we are going to start High School . I walked over to Lara and she jumped into my arms. I embraced her and we hugged for a good two minutes. I was so glad my best friend was back. Then Lara said the most classic thing she could have ever said.... I AM HUNGRY... we all walked to the Chick-fill-a at the airport. This was my favorite fast food restaurant. After we ate we all went to Lara beautiful Mansion, located in the most expensive neighborhood of Evensburg. I actually lived in that neighborhood my Mom was a doctor and my dad was lawyer. 

                                                                              Lara's house^^

                                                                              Lara's house^^

We talked for awhile before Kate and I had to go home because it was late. When I got home I texted Melissa 

 When I got home I texted Melissa 

I then showered and went to bed.