This is only the start of NaLu

Hey guys

With this possibly being my last chapter of this fanfic I would like to thank you again for your support and for reading my fanfic. As I have said many times, this was my first fanfic and I'm glad that some of you have enjoyed it. I will do another fanfic but not sure if I should make a sequel to this or just a completely new one but if you have any ideas or requests please comment. Thanks Minna.

Shiro-Yuki

Lucy POV

I am about to retaliate and then I realise that Natsu's eyes are stern and worried. As much as I hate to leave him alone, I have to. I nod my head, turn and grab Happy and then run off into the woods beside the mansion.

I have full faith that Natsu can defeat Sukatchi but last time I saw Sukatchi he didn't use magic, he was all physical strength. I have no idea what the new found powers could behold.

I end up going about 20 metres into the forest before stopping and propping the unconscious Happy up against the tree. I am scared for Happy. For all I know, this is the most pain and magical power he has been put up against. He is very small too.

I grab a huge piece of moss from a tree and use it as a blanket for Happy. I then glance back towards the mansion just in time to see the magic power connect and build rapidly.

Fire and Devils magic go against each other in the battle of the fittest. The position of the magic doesn't alter so must be the two are on the same level with power.

Then a big explosion which scares me because I can't decipher who has won. I can see that trees that surrounded the area have now either fallen down or completely disintegrated.

Please Natsu....Please still be alive.

Natsu POV

Our magic collides, neither one at the time is stronger then the other. I keep forcing and so does Sukatchi but there is no change in position. Finally the magical force becomes so powerful that there is an explosion sending both of us flying backwards.

The explosion burns and forces over trees. The wildlife leave momentarily. Smokes disperses but the blue sky does come back.

I lay on the dirt ground lifeless and out of magic power. My hearing has muzzled, my sense of smell isn't kicking in and I'm left with just my sight. I stare at the sky for a while.

The bright blue sky reminds me of the ribbon Lucy always had in her hair. The birds, adventurous and playful just like her. The clouds, light and shimmering like her hair. If I die here and now at least ill be thinking of something that has made my life worth the while.

With using so much magic power, my body goes into shock. I'm not sure whether I am dying or just losing consciousness. I slowly fade into darkness, the last thing I hear is her sweet voice echoing through my head "Natsu......Natsu......Natsu"

Lucy POV

After a while of no more fitting, I rushed down to, what was once, the garden with Happy. The two men both lay lifeless on the floor. I rushed over to Natsu who, thankfully, was still breathing. I look over to Sukatchi and his body isn't moving with breaths.

I end up being able to leave Natsu and go to the nearest town to find help and medics.

Turns out Natsu did defeat Sukatchi, but only just. Medics say that if Sukatchi had had a little bit more power they would have equalled in force and both would have died. I'm thankful that wasn't the case though.

Natsu and Happy ended up being taken away to a nearby hospital and I'm not sure what happened to Sukatchi, the magic council just ended up taking him away without asking or saying anything. He is out of my life forever now and that's all that matters.

When everything has been sorted, I stand in what's left of the garden. I will miss the mansion and the area but Fairy Tail means more to me now.

When I am finished reminiscing on past memories I go the the hospital and sit next to Natsu's bed. He is always there when I'm injured so ill be there for him too.

I pull the chair close to the bed. I grab Natsu's hand and lay my head on the bed.

Natsu sleeps so calmly, which is a big difference from when he is awake. I have never really noticed how Natsu sleeps even though I see him sleeping in my room every night. I suppose I just act way to quickly.

Natsu moves a bit then opens his sweet eyes ever so slowly. He groans in pain and tiredness but when he notices me his face brightens up with a smile.

"Hey L-Luce" He tries to force out of his exhausted body.

"Hey Natsu" I reply with a big smile on my face. Its great to see Natsu is ok after everything that has happened.

He brings his hand up to my face and gently caresses my cheek. My face is then pulled into gentle and delicate kiss that lasts what seems to be only a few seconds but I know it has been longer as I find myself gasping for breath.

"So does this mean I get to sleep in your bed with you and not get kicked in the stomach for doing it" Natsu says with his usual grin on his face.

I laugh and nod to him assuringly.

This is what I have always wanted, someone to love me like I love them. This is the start of something great. This is NaLu.

The End