Chapter 56: Finally

This will be a long chapter. Prepared?

Colored by me ☝

Juvia's POV

I plopped myself on my bed as I tried to control my heart beat. It kept on beating faster ever since Gray kissed me on my cheeks earlier.

Damn you, Fullbuster.

I find myself smiling as I remembered his words... He still loves me... We still love each other. He will do anything to stop their marriage... And grandpa said...

~•Earlier•~

"You know, after you broke up with Gray and he went with me to the States, he was a mess." He said and frowned. "It's been awhile since I last seen him like that. He didn't want to eat whenever I tell him to. He won't get out of his room and I was able to communicate with him through social media. And you know what he was doing in there? He was looking at the pictures of the two of you back then and he was stalking you on your Facebook to see how you're doing."

My eyes widened as sadness came to me again. He continued, "... I was really an idiot. I forced my grandson's girlfriend to break up with him and I threatened her. I'm the worst grandfather in the whole world..."

"G-Grandpa Gold..."

"I just... Didn't want Gray to experience what happened to me..." He explained as a few tears came out of his eyes. "... I had a girlfriend too, like Gray, and I love her so much but... She suddenly broke up with me because she fell in love with another guy. Then that was the time when I met Silver's mom, Snow, and we were engaged... I was happy and that happened to Silver too. I just wanted Gray to have a happy life even if Silver and I are gone."

"But I realized, that it really depends on the person. Please Juvia... Forgive me for everything I've done for you and Gray." He whimpered and gripped on his blanket. "I'm sorry... I'm happy that Gray is still in love with you and you feel the same way too. Now, I'm going to be in peace."

"I'm not going to control you guys anymore... Tell him the truth. I'm sure that he'll still love you even if he knows it because I'm the one who's at fault here. Create your love story again and mend each other's hearts. You have my blessing. I leave Gray to you."

*** Present ***

Honestly, I was about to cry there but Gray suddenly came in with grandpa Gold's food. That made me stop.

I'm going to tell Gray-sama everything tomorrow.

Even if he'll hate me for it, I will still tell him. He has the right to know... I'm going to believe in his words that even he knows the truth, he'll still accept me.

***

~•The Next Day•~

"... So, are you back together with him?" Hibiki asked after I told him everything that happened.

I shook my head. "No, not yet. I still haven't answered him..." I couldn't help but smile at my words. "I'm glad... That fate has brought us back together again."

"Good for you, Juvia." Hibiki chuckled and pats me on my head. "I'm glad that you finally have a happy ending."

"Yeah and don't worry Hibiki, you'll find someone too." I said, trying to raise his hopes up. "Even if it's not Karen, there are some girls out there too. Maybe you haven't really met your red string of fate. They'll come by when the time is right."

"Ohh, you've changed Juvia." He laughed. "I can't believe that you're saying those things to me now."

"Really?" I asked and tried to control my laugh from coming out.