Chapter 49: Of all people

Juvia's POV

I was still gaping. Of all people I should meet, why her? I get that she's close with Gray but... Why now?!

She smiled happily and lowered her head. "Nice to see you again, Gray-kun and Juvia! Welcome to Anju's company! Please make yourselves comfortable since we're not acquaintances."

"A-Anju?! And what?! How did all of this happen?!" I exclaimed, still couldn't get over the fact that we're inside Anju's office and she's the owner of this industry and Gray is trying to have a partnership with it. She looked matured now than before. Except for her attitude.

"Apparently, she's the owner of her dad's company. Although, she doesn't look like the real CEO." He rolled his eyes off at Anju.

"Wha-?! Gray-kun, why are you so cruel?!" She pouted and folded her arms. "And here I thought that I would make a big party for you guys getting back together again."

.

.

.

.

.

"Wait, what's with the cold atmosphere?? Did I say something wrong??" She asked and looked at the two of us. I avoided looking at Anju while Gray stared at her with a serious face.

"We didn't get back together, Anju." Gray answered.

"Eh?! But why is she-"

"She's just my P.A. No more, no less. That's it." He cleared his throat before continuing. "Anyway, let's get on with it so we can get back to Japan at an early time."

I noticed Anju's gaze at me before turning back to Gray with her usual smile. "Yeah, let's do it."

***

I sat back on a sofa outside Anju's office and Sighed in relief. I just bought 3 coffees for the three of us from Starbucks and it took me awhile to find it because I'm not really used to this place.

Anju's company is really big but not as big as Gray's. Who would've thought that this was her future? It was so unexpected, to be honest. I thought that she's going to be an idol or something.

It's been 6 hours since we've arrived here and an hour in Anju's office. So, it's already afternoon here. I guess I need to buy Gray dinner too.

"Juvia~!" Anju suddenly appeared with a smile on her face again. She sat next to me and said, "Mind me sitting next to you?"

"No, it's fine with me." I answered.

She giggled and pats me on my shoulder. "Don't look so surprised. You're scaring me. Don't worry. It's not like I'm going to steal Gray like I tried to do back in high school."

My eyes widened. "What do you mean by-"

"I know about the truth, Juvia." Anju suddenly turned serious. "I know that you were forced to break up with him by Gray-kun's grandfather, grandpa Gold."

I gaped again. How did she know about it? "How-? What? I... Uh... Haha... Why? No, where did you learn about that stuff?"

"Do you remember when I first transferred to Japan and in Gray-kun's school? It was all a plan from grandpa Gold. He told me to steal Gray from you and end your relationship. Sure, I liked Gray-kun since we were kids but I moved on from it. I agreed with his plan because grandpa Gold helped me a lot when I was a kid and I was kinda indebted to him." She explained with her fingers intertwined with each other.

She frowned. "I thought about it after we graduated and you broke up with him... I feel like I'm an idiot. I shouldn't have agreed to that stupid plan. Though it didn't work and I'm glad that it didn't. Gray-kun became a really different person when you broke up with him. He really loves you, Juvia. I hope you two can patch up things and get back together. I wish I could talk about this with grandpa but he wouldn't listen."