Chapter 54: Confession

•This story might be finished by the time Fairy Tail manga ends. Still not sure. xD Or maybe earlier than that.•

Juvia's POV

Is it really okay for me to tell Hibiki about it? I hope he'll keep it as a secret though. I don't want anyone to know about it, no one should know about it. Wah, Lucy might scold me for this.

No, I will not tell her about it.

But I hate keeping secrets.

"Hey Juvia!" Hibiki greeted me when I was about to enter the company. Yes, I'm walking here. He puts an arm around me and said, "Nice seeing you today."

I rolled my eyes and removed his arm from me. "Hibiki, what are you doing?"

"What? I'm just greeting my friend here." He replied, still wearing that smile of his. "And, I enjoyed our date 2 days ago!"

"It's not a date."

"It is a date."

"..."

Is he serious about that?

***

Gray's POV

"Gray-kun, can I have a sleepover at your house later?" Ultear asked as she sat on my table on where I was using my laptop and working.

"Do what you want." I said, not giving her any glances and continued on my work.

She pouted and twirled her hair. "... Hmm? Why are you so serious today? This isn't like you at all, Gray-kun. Did something happen?"

"... Ah, it's nothing to worry about." I said as I remembered what happened yesterday.

While I was out for walking, I saw Juvia waiting at the theater yesterday and I decided to tail her there. And that Hibiki showed up and he even held her hand that I used to hold always back in high school. I really want to strangle him to death there.

I purposely followed the two of them to the cafe and texted Juvia to see if she'll reply. My heart melted when I saw her genuine smile and started typing on her phone. I wish you're still mine. I wish that we can rewrite our past and get back together again. But that's all useless now.

I couldn't take it anymore when I saw her eating with Hibiki so I stood up and surprisingly, I bumped into Juvia on my way out. I'm glad that she didn't notice me.

And that's all to it. I stopped following them. Hibiki might really be the one for Juvia... They're dating now...

"Gray-sama."

I suddenly stopped working on my laptop and looked at Ultear with my eyebrow raised up. She was smirking and said, "I figured that you'll finally look at me in the eyes if I call you that."

"Don't ever... Call me that again." I muttered and returned my gaze to my laptop.

"What? Is she the only one who's allowed to call you that?"

I frowned and looked away from her. She's gone nuts. What is she thinking? She knows very well what happened to me and Juvia back then.

"What the—??" She gasped and stood up from my desk. "... Don't tell me, you still like her—?" I just ignored her for a few seconds and she continued, "Come on, Gray! Grow up! She's never going to get back with you. She's with Hibiki now and you're with me. It's been 7 years, right?? How come your feelings didn't disappear??"

"... Tsk, it's none of your business."

"It is my business." She said and got teary-eyed. "I am your fiance and you wouldn't even let me kiss you directly on your lips. You wouldn't even go out with me seriously and it's hurting me, Gray... So much..."