Chapter 44: Transfer

Juvia's POV

"Lucy..." I continued on crying as Lucy continued on patting my back. We were at their house and I feel so awful to be here because Natsu might've wanted to have some time with her but I need her too... She's my closest friend.

"Lucy, I'm such a bad person! I should've stopped! I shouldn't have listened to his grandfather and this wouldn't have happened at all!" I cried and continued on crying.

I had told her about everything. Everything Gray said.

I hurt the man I love.

We were having the same feelings for the past 7 years. We both had an emotional disorder and a scar in both of our hearts... It wasn't supposed to end like this. It shouldn't end like this.

I hate myself.

"Shh, it's not your fault, Juvia. It's his grandfather's fault!" Lucy hissed. "Juvia, I think you should explain everything to Gray now." Oh yeah, I told them about Gray's grandfather.

I looked at her and shook my head. "No, no!"

"Why not?? In this way, he would understand everything! That Gold's behind all this!" She said in anger. She was getting angry because of this.

"Please... No..." I started sobbing. "No... Not this time... It's still not the right time."

"Not the right time? What---"

"I had hurt him for the past 7 years. He was carrying the same pain I felt. He had an emotional disorder for 5-6 years. So, if I told him everything now, he would feel useless and stupid for having the pain that he thinks I caused, would be all because of his grandfather." I explained through the tears.

"... I'll explain everything to him when the time is right. Don't worry." I reassured her and wiped the tears again.
She frowned. Come to think of it, she was the one who comforted me when I was like this before. But I was a lot worse back then. She didn't whine or scolded me about what I did. Instead, sh just stayed by my side and was patting my back like this.

"Okay then. Just tell him when you're ready, okay? I hate to see you like this, Juvia." She said and put a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Come on, stop crying. The pain will go away."

"Lucy... o(╥﹏╥)o" I pulled her into a hug.

We've been hurt for the past 7 years of our lives. We both have scars that would never go away. Even if time pass by, it will still be there.

Come to think of it, all these years, I've tried to like someone else to forget Gray and the pain and what I did. But, nothing worked out. I really want to forget about him but... There's just this something... Something that holds me back and prevents me from forgetting.

I guess...

I still love him.

***
The Next Day

"Thanks for coming today, Juvia!" Mr. Will said as soon as I entered his office.

I smiled. "It's fine."

It's Sunday today and Mr. Will called me to go to work because he has a proposal for me. Hey, not marriage, okay? Stop it.

"Sit down." He said and pointed at the chair opposite to him. I did as I was told and sat on the chair. When I did, I cleared my throat. "Is there a problem, sir?"

"You've been in this company for 4 years, right? And, you're the #1 best accountant here. You can handle everything and anything. You're really great at your work." He said. "You've been in my custody and... How should I say this?"

I laughed. "What? You're trying to say that I'm going to be in somebody's custody now?"

He didn't laugh back. He was supposed to laugh back whenever I say something like that.

I stopped laughing. "Eh? It's that?"

"Well, let me explain." He said and cleared his throat. "He's a friend of mine and he has a really, really great company and there a lot of people who would die for just to work in his company. He's in Japan now and handling some kind of crisis in his company. His accountants lack experience and they're really not the best so I recommended you, Juvia. You can train and teach them."

"Then he shouldn't have hired them if they're bad." I said and pouted. "I don't want to, sir. I want to be here and how about my team?"

"Laki will takeover for you for now. Please, Juvia. You'll just teach them for 5 months or lower than that---"

"5 months?!" I gasped.

"Or LOWER than that." He said and cleared his throat again. "Please, Juvia. And I promise, after a few months, you'll return here. Please, Juvia. I want to help him because he has helped me a lot when I was in need. Please. Please." He begged.

I bit my lip. A sudden exchange to someone's company? I thought that only happens in movies. But this is Mr. Will. He has helped me a lot in the past. If agreeing to this will help him, then...

I took a deep breath and I tapped on the table 2 times with my finger. "Hmm... Well... Umm... Since you asked nicely, then..." I sighed and looked at him with a forced smile. "I-I would gladly train and teach them."

"Yes!" He shouted and he even jumped out of his seat. He looked really happy about it. It's fine, Juvia. You're helping me person. (T_T)

"Oh, before that, I forgot that you have an additional job to do there." He said and stopped jumping around like a little kid. He clasped his hands together and said, "You'll also work as the Personal Assistant of my friend or the CEO."

My eyes widened. "Personal assisstant?! Wait, wha---?!"

"You already agreed, Juvia." He said and snickered. "You should never go back on your words."

I sighed. "Words from Naruto again?"

"You got that right!" He agreed. "Look, being his P.A will be an easy task for you, I promise."

"I don't even know what's the work of a P.A! I don't have any experience on that job!" I defended.

"That's why I said earlier that you can handle everything and anything." He explained. Oh, so that compliment is for this. "About your salary, it's big and it's around 1M jewels."

1-1 million jewels?!

That's my allowance for half a year! Who is this person and why does he offer too much---

Wait...

"Umm, sir. May I know the name of your friend and what company is he handling?" I asked.

"Why, it's Gray Fullbuster and his main corporation, the Fullbuster Corporations!" He said happily. "Aren't you lucky?!"

I gasped.

I am so not lucky!

***

Sorry, short chappie. (╥_╥)