Chapter 28

*Time Skip to when Y/N and Nate are driving in their rental car they got when they landed*

      I leaned my head against the car window in the car admiring the palm trees.
Nate was focused on driving, still in an anti-social state.
After we drove for about 5 minutes, I decided now was the right time to ask why we were here.
     "Nate, what are we doing here?" I asked him as he focused on the road.
Nate sighed.
"I have unfinished business," he said
WHAT? He wasn't going with another girl secretely?
"Your going with another girl under my nose!?" I exclaim.
Nate sighed loudly like I said something stupid.
"No, Y/N I would never do that, I love you, and you know that." He said.
     I was relieved he said that since I hadn't been able to build much conversation with him.
I was also happy to hear someone sincerely say they love me, after all the painful years in college, it was like a light at the end of the tunnel.
"Well, exactly what do you mean by unfinished business?" I asked, but before Nate could answer, he pulled the car into the parking lot of a cemetery.
"Nate-" I say, but he quickly unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the car.
Carefully, I get out of the car trying not to be too loud, and follow Nate as he walks into the center of the cemetery.
The cemetery has a guide, alphabetical order by last name. I notice Nate follows the "H" path, and I follow.
Nate speed walls down the path, the person he's looking for must have the second letter of their last name be low in the alphabet.
Knowing I was still following him, Nate took a right midway down the path into a group of graves, he walks slowely carefully reading each tombstone and stops at one with a very fimiliar name;
Hunter Hughes
1989-2001
Age 13
   One thought hit me, after Hunters death, his parents moved to Florida, they must have buried him in Florida.
Hunter was Nates best guy friend, and I guess having his own inner demon kill his best friend must cause some psychological damage.
Nate probably read Hunters tombstone 10 times before he fell to his knees and started crying.

"It's all my fault! I'm sorry!"
Nate cried.

I kneeled down and hugged Nate from behind him, I missed Hunter like hell, but all those years, believing he killed himself, and now discovering that Natemare was responsible, kind of fucked me up.
   As I Heald Nate, my mind started to wander off, like when your about to fall asleep and weird thoughts clutter your brain, but this time, I started having a vision, or a flashback...

    *Flashback*

    Hunter. Hunter was sitting in his room reading a new comic book he got the other day from earning money from doing chores.
Suddenly, Natemare arrived ofrom a black cloud in Hunters room.
Out of shock, Hubter stood up and reached for the nearest baseball bat he had, but in one swift movement, Natemare lifted his right hand pointing directly at Hunters neck.
Hunter started to choke, he grabbed his neck, and his hands started turning red, his neck was bleeding.
Hunter fell to the floor from blood loss and lack of oxegyn, before Natemare took off, he reached for the open pocket knife in Hunters desk, and left it in Hunters life less hand, to make it look like a suicide.
  Minutes past, and Hunters parents were calling Hunter to dinner, after two hollers and no answer, Hunters mother went to her son's room, she struggled to open his bedroom door.
"Hunter, Hunter open the door NOW please!" She asked of her son, who little did she know was dead on his bedroom floor.
She continued to try and pry the door open, no luck. Out of frustration and anxiety, Hunters mother scooted to the back of the hallway, ran jumped and broke the door down, and breaking her right arm in the process.
Even thought she was in an immense amount of pain, she lifted the door up as it was covering Hunters body.
She was in no denial that her son was dead, she screamed out for help as Hunters father ran up the stairs, finding his wife with her right arm dangling, and his dead son beneath her.
Sadly, a little 13 year old boy, caused this.

     *Flashback ending*

Tears filled my eyes as I squeezed Nate tighter, understanding the immense amount of pain and guilt he was going through.
   Nate started to wipe away his tears.
"It's time, I need to tell his parents," he said.
I knew Nate was making the right decision, but how would two grieve struck parents believe that their son was killed by his best friends demon?