Chapter 19

A/N Okay so this chapter will be telling the story of when Nate and (the reader, you!) left for college and this was your goodbye. So get the tissues.

The day before move in day. I was so depressed. I was sitting in my bare bed.
There no sheets, they had all been packed away.
A/N let's pretend your room looks like this except with stuff packed away in boxes.

    I was probably the only kid in my grade upset about leaving my childhood home to go to college, but that wasn't the only thing I was upset about

I was probably the only kid in my grade upset about leaving my childhood home to go to college, but that wasn't the only thing I was upset about. I was leaving my best friend, Nate.
A kind of short anime and video game nerd with fluffy black hair, glasses and brown eyes.
Him and I were together since kindergarten, we did everything together, we were inseparable, sadly, we're going to different schools. There's nothing I can do about it, whenever we got different teachers on step up day, we'd switch classes to get together, a simple task, but you can't switch schools.

On my white desk across from my bed, O had put a pink box on it, it was full of stupid high school memories, ships, and pictures of me and my friends, and of course, Nate.
I almost got up to put it in one of my boxes before we loaded up the car, but I thought it would be best to leave the box here, I would tear up if I had that box in my dorm.
I picked up the pink box and places it under my bed.
For later,
I say to myself.
"Y/N!" I hear my mom yelling from downstairs.
"Y/N Y/L/N!!" She yelled again.
I ran down the stairs hiding my teary eyes.
"Yeah?" I say.
"You have a visitor!" She tells me.
She opens the door and I see nate sitting on my doorstep with his original gameboy that he still has from when he was really little.
I ran out of the door.
"Hey knucklehead!" I say to him.
"Y/N!" He says.
He puts down his gameboy.
"So, you leaving today or tommorow?" I ask him.
"Tommorow, my mom wants one more day with her 'baby boy'" Nate says giggling and shaking his head.
I sigh.
"yeah... I'm leaving in 45 minutes, or an hour..." I say looking down to hide my tears.
Nate looks up at me with this face:

A/N
Y = you
N = Nate

N: What!!??
Y: I KNOW! I'm upset!
N: I guess this is goodbye?
Y: yeah...
N: goodbye...? For how long?

(Okay back to normal)

I broke Nate, he looked so upset.
"I don't know, college is four years long" I tell him.  He stands up and I stand up in front of him too.
"I lov- I mean... Your my best friend Y/N, this is gonna kill me..." He says.
"It's gonna break my soul, but, I'll FaceTime you every night if possible," I tell him.
"Goodbye," He says.
We immediately lean in for a hug.
He squeezes me super tight and lifts my feet up off the ground.
Nate puts me back down on the ground.
We look each other straight in the eyes.
Nate had beautiful eyes, I always admired that about him.
"Goodbye... knucklehead!" I say.
"Bye!" Nate says.
Nate waves goodbye and walks down the street back to his little house he shared with his mother.
Once he left my sight, I ran inside my house, ran upstairs, fell on my bed and cried.
I have never cried so hard in my 18 years on this earth.
My mother followed the sound of sobbing which led to my bedroom.
"Y/N!! Are you okay!!??" She says.
I quiet my crying and look up at her my face red and wet.
"Y/N, are you nervous about leaving?" She asks.
"No!" I say.
"What is it sweetie?"
I stop for a second.
"I'm leaving Nate!" I say.
"Oh, Y/N... I know, it's gonna be difficult, I know how much he means to you, hell, he's like a son to me!" She tells me.

*TIMESKIP*

I had calmed down, my mother was waiting for me in the car. I was ready to go downstairs, but then I got a text from Nate.

"Skype me as soon as you get to your dorm!"

I smiled at the message, and ran downstairs.