Questions

Hands crochet themselves in my hair when the sentence was said. "Love? You don't even know me you nut." Psh, he laughed. "No one has ever talked to me like that. I love how your words sting but leave off a welcome feeling." I stood up and wiped myself off "I'm flattered that I appear bittersweet about this whole situation but I'm confused and creeped out." I sat at the edge of the bed and looked down at the man sitting.

"They always are."

A part of me didn't want to ask who "they" are.

"Just who are you?"

He smiled and held out his hand.

I grabbed and he shook.

"Lenny, nice to meet you."

This whole thing shocked me.

*creak*

He sat crisscross on the bed.

"You're involved with the murder?" Shot out of my mouth.

Staring around the room he scoffed.

"Involved? It was all my doing."

"You're doing? I've never seen you with that man before." I said as if I knew who the hell Lei Kenny was.

"You really think I'll announce it to the world that i'm involved with someone?"

"Well I mean people would notice."

"Has anyone noticed about us?"

I paused. He was right.

No one has been home for months. Liz is at her house and only comes over on occasion. There really there isn't that much of outside communication besides that. This guy could end me right now and there would literally be no witnesses.

"See. Besides, that man had it for him. Cheating on his wife n' shit." He looked at me.

. .."Cheating?"

"Yeah, that man's ex wife requested for him. Saying that his other wives agreed on it."

"Other wives? Hold up."

"What are you going on about?"

"The man was a polygamist when he lived out in the country. Beat his wives n' got caught, then moved here out of spite. What a vermin.." 

"How do you know this? "

"As I said one of his wives hired me." 

"You didn't use "Hired". 

"Well now I did."

This guy, cocky as hell.

Just want are you? I thought.

"Just why are you telling me this?"

Erm.. "you see I was going to kill you but it appears that even if I tried you would find a loophole." 

"Kill me?"

"Uh, yeah", he said squinting his eyes. "It's kinda my thing. Dead men tell no lies?"

Going into realization, I moved back a little.

"I just need info about what you saw. I'm sort of beginning to believe you since there hasn't been any reports on the suspects looks and whereabouts but".. Lenny paused. " The investigators could choose not to release that information to the public."

"I'm saying that I just saw a man walking through a park."

"And i'm saying you didn't", he said vaguely.

"Then what do you want?"

"Reassurance", popped out his mouth suddenly.

"Reassurance? What is this gossip at a girls birthday party?" I stood up frustrated. The bed bounced as I did so.

"This is why I can't trust people like you."

"Then don't", I blurted out.

He pulled the collar of my shirt from the bed.

"Do you know how much willpower it took for me not to bring a weapon here?"

"I don't care just get out."

"No."

"Then i'll leave my own house."

I headed for my shoes that laid next to my bedroom door.

"You're not going anywhere until I can trust you."

"Shouldn't that be the other way around?"

He sighed then looked at his phone.

Quietly from behind me I heard him walk to the door and start down the stairs.

"Where are you going?" I followed behind.

"You lucked out."

?. I stood confused

"I have something to do." His phone flashed 3:30.

"You're just going to leave like that?"

"Considering but don't think ill leave this untouched ."

I cocked my head to the left.

"I'll be back."

"No", I said demandingly. "Just don't come back." Empathizing the "don't"

He was standing at the open front door as he looked behind me.

"You should really clean that up."

I turned to see a pair of socks randomly on the floor next to one of my old pair of shoes. "And you should really..." I trailed off as the man was gone.

Step, step.

I looked out at the rainy street but Grey eyes wasn't apparent.

This guy...

What the hell?